View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: R6 with 0.22 - Need Help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:44 pm 
Just some background, I have been a Knoppmyth user from a few years ago, I upgraded to R6 during the first beta, and more recently upgraded to the mythtv 0.22-fixes using this guide: http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20650. Just today I did a
Code:
pacman -Syu
hoping that it would fix some of the issues that I have been having but no such luck. Also, I am pretty competent in linux specifically, ubuntu/debian but am pretty new to Arch. Here is what is going on.

1. SOLVED (See third post. Thanks Das Hammer!)- On boot, network doesn't come up. I have to open a terminal and do
Code:
sudo /etc/rc.d/network restart
to get it up.

2. mythbackend doesn't start on reboot. I think this may have something to do with 1.? I need to open a terminal and
Code:
mythackend --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log

I have tried doing a
Code:
sv start mythbackend
but get a file not found error...

3. mythfrontend doesn't start on reboot. A clean boot drops me to the tux screen. I have to open a terminal and
Code:
mythfrontend --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log
to get it started.

4. Audio issues on some HD recordings. I have HDMI audio "working" for most recordings, however, there seems to be a couple of recordings that I get audio dropouts on. The light on my receiver kind of flickers and it doesn't play any audio except maybe the first second. It plays fine on a networked attached frontend (ubuntu karmic). The internal player will play the video fine, but the audio drops out. I tried mplayer on the file and it plays fine on that as well. So it appears that there is a problem with the internal player? The odd thing is other HD recordings play fine. It was just a couple of movies recorded from ABC HD that it is having trouble with.

5. This is more of a question on how to get things working in Arch. But I have a bluetooth keyboard that I use to navigate. I can't seem to figure out how to make this pair automagically. What I have to do is use a wired keyboard and do
Code:
/etc/rc.d/bluetooth start
simple-agent
hidd search
to get the thing connected. Is there a way in arch to have this automatically connect on boot? (EDIT) I did try the stuff here:http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_Keyboard

but still no love.

6. (EDIT added 6) Default ALSA device changes between boots from HDA-NVIDIA to PC-SPEAKER. I can fix it in the service menu by changing the device to /dev/dsp1 but it is annoying...

So far, besides these little things, LinHES has been great. Any and all help with this is appreciated!

DoTheDog

Last edited by dothedog on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:24 pm 
1. nano /etc/net/ifaces/eth0/options and see if ONBOOT=yes

(this is assuming eth0 is the interface you are using. If you only have one wired connection, then it probably is).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:45 pm 
Das Hammer, thanks for the reply. It is hard to find stuff as I am used to debian/ubuntu. But I looked in /etc/net/ifaces/eth0 and there was no options file. it only had this:
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   15 2009-01-30 12:06 ipv4address.pacsave
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   24 2009-01-30 12:06 ipv4route.pacsave
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2554 2010-01-11 18:30 options.pacsave.orig

but in /etc/net/ifaces/default there was an options file, I noticed that BOOTPROTO was set to static. It should be dhcp so I changed it to BOOTPROTO=dhcp also ONBOOT=yes was in there.
That looks like it fixed it. On reboot, it picks up the ip, and mounts my raid array over the network.

BUt I also noticed another annoying thing. Not sure if it is an ALSA thing but on reboot, sometimes it picks up HDA-NVIDIA as the "default" device and everything is good, but sometimes it picks up the PC-SPEAKER as default. When that happens I have to go to the service menu and change everything to /dev/dsp1. Is there a way to make this consistent across boots? I'll call this 6.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:43 pm 
http://knoppmyth.net/flyspray/index.php?do=details&task_id=180

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:24 am 
Thanks for the tip mihanson, OK, I added pcps to the ALSABLACKLIST in /etc/rc.conf like this:

Code:
 ALSABLACKLIST="soundcore pcps"

I'll watch it over the next few reboots to see if this fixes it.

So it looks like I still have a couple of more niggles to go. Thanks for the suggestions so far. The mythfrontend and mythbackend not starting on boot is still puzzling.

Dothedog