View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: DVD Rip error - no mtd
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:35 pm 
I have selected dvdcss and I can play a commercial dvd but when I select "Import DVD", it brings up the DVD Rip screen with a message that says
Quote:
Attempting to connect to your mtd said host not found. Unable to recover

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:03 pm 
You may not want to fire up mtd. It appears to have a serious memory leak - at least on my system.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Martian

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:29 pm 
I have the exact same problem on my master FE/BE box "MTD said host not found" .

The other day I ran a test on one of my Frontends I put in a hard drive. Ran down stock r6.02 and it worked fine. I had to put the title in..however, then as soon as I got on the network, the same error as you again. I could not get around the error. I did a little reading about it and I think there is a database issue with getting the title. That is what I could tell when I ran it stock the first time before " MTD said host not found. I checked the port numbers in setup and they seem fine. So I ran decided to test r6.01 and it works....

So here is what I found on the blank title issue

Quote:

I'm thinking it all might be related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:59 am 
My problem seems different as I never get that far. The error message pops up as soon as I select "Import DVD". I have done some googling but cant find anything about this error message at all.

@RacerX, are you having the same memory problems as Martian?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:40 am 
Here is clarification

When I select the Import dvd I get the message

Quote:

I could not get around it so I tested out a stock version of r6.02 on one of my frontends. This time I got further along the next screen came up correctly but the title was blank. So the import worked fine. But I then setup the machine on my network and it broke DVD Import again and I could not get around it.

When I select the Import dvd I again get the message
Quote:
Attempting to connect to your mtd said host not found. Unable to recover.

So , I ran done R6.01 and it work perfect.

So from reading the link and the error message I think the "said host" is the title of the dvd. It can not find it because?

The myth developers know about it and that's good because they will fix it in the next revision which is coming soon.

I think Martin's memory leak is the bug. I stopped Importing on my Master FE/BE for now. I do not have any memory problems. I just use
the workaround r6.01 on my frontend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:04 pm 
Hi RacerX, thanks for the post. I'm experiencing the same issue with r6.02 and mtd. Let me know if you ever figured out a workaround other than the downgrade. I'm enjoying VDPAU too much to downgrade :)

thanks!
-tony

RacerX wrote:
Here is clarification

When I select the Import dvd I get the message

Quote:

I could not get around it so I tested out a stock version of r6.02 on one of my frontends. This time I got further along the next screen came up correctly but the title was blank. So the import worked fine. But I then setup the machine on my network and it broke DVD Import again and I could not get around it.

When I select the Import dvd I again get the message
Quote:
Attempting to connect to your mtd said host not found. Unable to recover.

So , I ran done R6.01 and it work perfect.

So from reading the link and the error message I think the "said host" is the title of the dvd. It can not find it because?

The myth developers know about it and that's good because they will fix it in the next revision which is coming soon.

I think Martin's memory leak is the bug. I stopped Importing on my Master FE/BE for now. I do not have any memory problems. I just use
the workaround r6.01 on my frontend.