View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:05 am 
I'm definately not good in Linux, so I am not sure if posting this is a good idea, so if the procedure is dangerous, please say it soon.

I did things that are actively discouraged by people who knows what they do, so don't do it unless you are really brave&stupid.

I managed to install amule on R6 by:

- in pacman.conf comment out the existing extra repository and add the following repository from arch (very discouraged)

#[extra]
#Server = ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/extra/os/i686

#[community]
#Server = ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/community/os/i686

- execute pacman -Sy to sync package database
- install crypto++ and libupnp (both have no dependency so they shouldn't break anything, right?) via pacman
- download amule source and compile amule following http://wiki.amule.org/index.php/Compila ... stallation begining from step 2

I just executed this procedure and I don't seem to have broken anything, so good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:08 am 
I would certainly agree that your method is dangerous and not recommended.

I looked into what it would take to compile pacman packages to install Amule and it's dependencies from the Arch repositories but quickly ran into major dependency headaches.

Unfortunately it looks like your solution is the "best" available at present short of putting in a Flyspray request.

Martian

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:19 am 
The Flyspray request has been there for a while. I realize that for the Linhes objectives amule is optional to say the least.

Anyway I forgot to specify that after completing the procedure you should comment out the arch repos and restore the linhes extra repository!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:20 am 
In R6.02 I have just completed successfully the following simpler (and probably safer) procedure:

. Install crypto++ and libupnp directly fron Arch repositories without modifying pacman.conf

[root@mythbox2 etc]# pacman -U ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/community/os/i6 ... pkg.tar.gz

[root@mythbox2 etc]# pacman -U ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/extra/os/i686/c ... pkg.tar.gz

. Install wxgtk as usual from regular linhes repo:

[root@mythbox2 etc]# pacman -Sy wxgtk

. download amule source and compile amule following http://wiki.amule.org/index.php/Compila ... stallation begining from step 2

Actually I am not so sure in what I did, so if you are not sure, don't do it!