View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 pm 
I finally decided to attempt an upgrade to 6.02 tonight. Been putting it off since the box was running so well.

Unfortunately I didn't follow the directions exactly and I think it's bit me. Instead of launching an xterm I tried to do the upgrade via an ssh session.

I followed the intructions here:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ht=upgrade

with the exception of entering the commands via ssh. When the upgrade script tried to launch the 2nd xterm window to update the database (I think) nothing happened since there was no display variable set. It was obvious to me then that I had screwed up.

I let the upgrade script continue until the point that it asked me to reboot. I then closed the ssh window without rebooting as I didn't know what state my Myth box was in and if if would be able to successfully reboot.

Fully aware of my boneheaded mistake I launched an xterm and followed the directions this time. This go around the 2nd xterm window launched as the script stated it would but nothing really happened. I left it sit for about 15 minutes but it was clear it wasn't doing anything so I alt+tabbed back to the original xterm and hit enter finishing out the upgrade script including pressing enter to reboot the machine.

It rebooted with no issues however it appears to be exactly the way it was. Version is still reported as "R6.01.00 (Chugu) and MythTV is still 0.21-fixes.

I then made a third attempt to upgrade but again when the script launched the 2nd xterm window nothing really happened so again I switched back to the original window and allowed it to complete including reboot. Same as before 6.01 and 0.21-fixes.

I'm guessing I now have a partially upgraded Myth box which is preventing the upgrade scripts from working. Fortunately, the box still appears to be working exactly like is always has (which means I don't have to fight the dog for a place to sleep...) I would however like to be able to upgrade to 6.02 eventually.

I decided not to push my luck any further tonight and risk really hosing something up. Hopefully I've not messed things up too bad and one of you kind, intelligent folk here can save me.

Thanks in advance.

Martian

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:17 pm 
Due to still having the old Knoppmyth page bookmarked I didn't realize that 6.03 was released.

Upgraded to 6.03 per the instructions on the main LinHES page worked as advertised.

Haven't played with it much but all the basic stuff seems to be working with no issues. I did try MythWeather to see if that was working and it instantly crashed the frontend so I'll probably have to sort that one our but no major issues. In fact the upgrade was quite painless.

Well done Cecil and Team - A+!!!!

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)