View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:53 pm 
I am running a backend/frontend system, and another frontend only system. Both running LH 7.2 really well. Great jobs devs.

I use xbmc a lot through these systems, and would like to have my libraries sync by setting up mysql database tables for xbmc to use and share, similar to what mythtv does for the frontend to sync to the backend.

Anyway, I am trying to follow this tutorial on the xbmc wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Sync_multiple_libraries/Setting_up_MySQL but mysql is not letting me create the user xbmc, even as root. So I dont know if this is a safety feature built into mythtv or LH, but either way, I would like to figure this out.

One option I have considered is allowing xbmc to create tables by logging into mysql as the mythtv user, but I do not know if this will create total chaos, I am nervous to try. I dont think it will be a problem since the table names are all different then the ones myth uses, but I am still hesitant. Any thoughts gang? Has anyone else successively accomplished xbmc library syncing on their mythtv/LH hardware?