View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:12 am 
I can finally watch mythtv shows on my android tablet and phone :D

I found an android app called Mythtv Go on the play store just before LinHes upgraded to myth version 0.25. Once I was through with the upgrade process I tried the app and it failed. I emailed the developer about the problem and they were quite helpful analyzing log files to figure out what was wrong. It turns out that he had developed the app with mythbuntu and our version of mythtv was compiled slightly differently. I filed a feature request the other day and Cecil had the request fulfilled so fast it made my head spin.

The app requires almost nothing to setup. When you start the app it attempts to search for your myth backend automatically. Mine was not found automatically, but it was easy enough to type in the IP address of my backend. That was it as far as setup! The app shows me a list of the recorded shows with thumbnails and lets me pick low, medium or high resolution for the stream. The one show that I have watched played smoothly at the high setting. At the end, you have the option to delete the stream or keep it for later. I used the recommended BS player to play back the show, I haven't tried any others.

Thanks to Kieron at Hudhob software and thanks to Cecil, we now have a nice option to stream shows to our android devices.

FE: Linhes 8.4, Mythbuntu, Linux Mint DE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:48 am 
rsay,

How did you apply the update? I am new to arch and pacman and anything but installing the standard releases but know my way around a Unix shell. I have updated to 7.4. I would really like for my wife to be able to access my LinHES box from her Android phone.

rick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:59 pm 
Just the standard linhes upgrade from the service menu. Nothing fancy.

FE: Linhes 8.4, Mythbuntu, Linux Mint DE