View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:08 pm 
Hi,

I just upgraded to LinHES R7 and almost everything is working except in MythMusic some of the tracks play and others are just loud static / fuzz / hiss. I've read elsewhere that on other Myth systems some people with a similar issue needed to edit PulseAudio settings to convert > 16 bit audio down, but as far as I can tell I am not using PulseAudio at all. I'm using OSS via SPDIF out. Thanks for any suggestions.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:33 pm 
Site Admin
kind of sounds like the wrong oss device is used, or maybe myth thinks the device has different capabilities.
.25 added a pretty revamped audio selection system.

May i ask what did you upgrade from?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:54 pm 
I'm also having audio quality problems since upgrading to myth 0.25.2. I also use ladspa volume leveling.

In previous versions you could specify separate settings for TV and Music setting. In the Music Settings
Code:
Utilities / Setup> Setup> Media Settings> Music Settings to ALSA:default

That setting is no longer available. You can put in different player setting but and I can't seem to get them to use the ALSA:default in the Music settings.

Any one have any thoughts?

Thanks
Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 pm 
I believe I was on LinHES 6.3 previously, so this was a big change, but I did a fresh install on a new hard drive. For some reason, across two motherboards, I've never gotten SPDIF out working with ALSA, so I always have to switch to OSS.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:20 pm 
What is the audio chipset on your board? I have had issues with OSS and shifted to ALSA several releases back - have had no issues since (actually use both analog (headphone jack) and spdif (5.1). 7.04 worked out of the box...