View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: MythTV 0.26 released...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:57 pm 
... on 2 October 2012. I know this is only the 4th, but I wonder what is happening about LinHES support for 0.26? I am running LinHES R7.4 (rdt) on one frontend - I have been running an all mythbuntu setup and my backend and other frontend still run mythbuntu 10.04 with 0.25-fixes.

I want to get off the ubuntu upgrade distro cycle and my intro to LinHES on this one frontend has impressed me. [1].

Anyway the next step is to look at moving the rest of the system to LinHES but I would like to know about 0.26 support first :)

Thanks for such a great distro.

[1] I used knoppmyth years ago so knew LinHES would be good, i tested a bit in a virtualbox too, so had very few surprises when u started to use it seriously :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:00 pm 
It will be released when it's ready. Cesman and the LH/KM team have always properly tested main packages before pushing on to users. I believe that LH has a [testing] repo which you may check into.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:28 pm 
graysky wrote:
It will be released when it's ready. Cesman and the LH/KM team have always properly tested main packages before pushing on to users. I believe that LH has a [testing] repo which you may check into.
Ahh the usual answer! I suppose I should have known :-)

Thanks for the response anyway. It would be kinda useful to know if it is likely to be days (superb), weeks (OK), months (will probably revert to *buntu).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm 
nickrout wrote:
graysky wrote:
Ahh the usual answer! I suppose I should have known :-)

Thanks for the response anyway. It would be kinda useful to know if it is likely to be days (superb), weeks (OK), months (will probably revert to *buntu).

It's not a handjob. As you know, the devs are doing this in their spare time like most projects. In all seriousness, if you want a bleeding edge distro, I would recommend Arch Linux which is a rolling release with a very rapid update cycle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:04 pm 
OK, sorry I am not trying to be pushy, and it pays to wait and see what new bugs are introduced when mythtv push a point release. Happy to wait, and watch what happens.

*happy to have returned to the knoppmyth/linhes fold*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:24 pm 
graysky wrote:

Is 0.26 supposed to be in there? I can't see it at http://linhes.org/repo/i686/core-testing/ or http://linhes.org/repo/i686/extra-testing/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm 
nickrout wrote:

Not yet. You can watch the log to see current activity: http://cgit.linhes.org/linhes_pkgbuild/log/?h=testing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:52 pm 
Hey I heard .27 is awesome :-D