View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:47 am 
Hi,
Fairly new to this distribution, but have been running mythbuntu for about the last 4 years. The last version I used was .24, very stable. I've installed LH 7.4 using myth .25. I'm not sure if it's a .25 issue, but at least one other person is seeing the problem I'm having, and that is commercial flagging is failing about 25% of the time. Is anyone else seeing this? I've been searching the web, found this, but no real resolution that I see yet, and it is dated in May last year:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/m ... ers/527548

Prior to this flagging commercials has never failed for me, and I've used ver .22-.24. I have requeued the job through the frontend once for the ones that failed, and they appear to have failed again.
Backend/frontend Logs under mythbuntu used to be /var/lib/mythtv/*.log. Where is the equivalent in archlinux/linhes? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:54 am 
I've had the same problem with commercial flagging and have not found a solution. I think that part of the problem is that in the myth release that is used in LH 7.4 there is a bug that starts commercial flagging every time you start to watch a program as live ty. So every time you change channels it start another copy of mythcommflag. I made a comment about it in http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/536781

Quote:
On 01/08/2013 07:17 PM, Tim Scholl wrote:
> Yes it has always been a recording BUT for some reason (unknown to me
> at least) starting with Myth 0.25 they started treating it like
> actually selected recording and starts commercial flagging as well.
>
> In 0.24 it didn't start commercial flagging unless you selected record
> after you started watch the program.

There was a bug in 0.25 release that caused Live TV to be
commercial flagged. It was fixed in -fixes. Make sure you upgrade to
the most-current -fixes release and/or just use 0.26-fixes.

Mike

Hopefully this will be resolved in the next release or upgrade. The PVR150/250/350 issue is also fixed in the 0.25 as well

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:37 am 
There is a setting in myth-setup to start commflagging after it is done recording. My outdated CPU can't do both at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 pm 
Correct but the bug in 0.25 start a copy running as soon as you start to watch live tv. I know what you mean about cpu power
I always use the pause_mythcommflag script that's provided with LinHes. You just modify it with your desired settings and then include to run with your start up scripts.

The bug in 0.25 really plays havoc with with this as well.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:50 pm 
If the bug was fixed in 25.-fixes it should be fixed in R7.4 if you are up to date. .25-fixes was last built and pushed to the R7.4 release repo on 1/4/13.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:12 pm 
brfransen,

Thanks, Good to know.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:18 am 
I just installed 7.4, this is a new install, and I still have the problem. Should I do a "update linhes" in the menu? According to the system status screen I am running
fixes/0.25 (v0.25.2-9-ga72e341)

actually update to that comment, I did install recently but it was from an image I downloaded just prior to the new year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 am 
Yes update as the latest in the repo is v0.25.3.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:55 pm 
Ok, did that, rebooted, I do see the version as being updated. But I still see the issue after requeueing the jobs. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:13 pm 
I've been getting the 140 error about 5-10% of the time on my system - I'm pretty sure it started when I changed to 7.4.

Briefly looked for a solution - but ended up just living with it...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 am 
tscholl wrote:
I've had the same problem with commercial flagging and have not found a solution. I think that part of the problem is that in the myth release that is used in LH 7.4 there is a bug that starts commercial flagging every time you start to watch a program as live ty. So every time you change channels it start another copy of mythcommflag. I made a comment about it in http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/536781

Quote:
On 01/08/2013 07:17 PM, Tim Scholl wrote:
> Yes it has always been a recording BUT for some reason (unknown to me
> at least) starting with Myth 0.25 they started treating it like
> actually selected recording and starts commercial flagging as well.
>
> In 0.24 it didn't start commercial flagging unless you selected record
> after you started watch the program.

There was a bug in 0.25 release that caused Live TV to be
commercial flagged. It was fixed in -fixes. Make sure you upgrade to
the most-current -fixes release and/or just use 0.26-fixes.

Mike

Hopefully this will be resolved in the next release or upgrade. The PVR150/250/350 issue is also fixed in the 0.25 as well

Tim

I never used commflagging very often with my combined FE/BE, but since upgrading to 7.4 and adding a vdpau enabled video card, I have started to do real-time commercial flagging of my recordings. I saw a post somewhere else about commflagging during live tv and I didn't notice it on my machine until I changed a setting to turn on commercial flagging by default on new recording schedules. Right now I have it configured to do real time commercial flagging, but disabled the commercial flagging for new recording schedules (I just select it manually in mythweb instead) and it does not commercial flag live tv anymore. I'm not sure whether this will solve the errors people are seeing but it may prevent you from having commercial flagging during live tv.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 pm 
Thanks for the update.

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:06 am 
How would I go a about trying .26 fixes while still using 7.4? Or is it preferred to wait for linhes 8.0 for this?
thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 am 
Just wanted to share my experience.

I was having the same issue with commerical flagging, error status 140. When I tried to look into the issue I found a few things going on in the logs. The first thing was that fuppes (which I wasn't really using) was continuously writing errors to my backend log, then next thing I notices was that I had a broken logging database according to mythweb.

1.) I turned off comercial skip and cancelled deleted all jobs in the queue.
2.) I turned off fuppes and all other software I was not using such as mythgame and mythstream
2.) Ran extended check on tables, fixed, optimized via mythweb.
3.) Rebooted and ensured my logs were stable (i.e, something was not being written to the logs every second).
4.) Turned commercial flagging back on using 'All Methods' for com flagging

Everything is working fine now, before this, I would only get about 1 out of 5 programs to finish a com flag. The rest gave me error status 140. Not sure if everything i did was related to the issue, but everything is working now, and I have successfully comflaged 40 shows without a single error since.