View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:57 am 
Any handy control/location to change it to default to 'On', as previously ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:28 pm 
mythtv .27 now had recording templates and I am guessing your default template has autoexpire turned off. Change it in Recording Rules.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:05 pm 
brfransen wrote:
mythtv .27 now had recording templates and I am guessing your default template has autoexpire turned off. Change it in Recording Rules.

Thank You !

I'll go looking for it !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:30 pm 
snaproll wrote:
brfransen wrote:

Thank You !

I'll go looking for it !

I went looking for it ! Setup --> TV Settings --> General (Autoexpire)

Manual http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual: ... oExpire.29 sez:

Auto expire method (selection)
Autoexpire default (checkbox) .... :shock: Wait ! The checkbox ... it's missing !

Re-record watched (checkbox)

.....Etc per the manual ...

Need this be a bugfix report ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm 
Doesn't look like the manual was updated for myth .27. I am pretty sure that setting was removed as it wouldn't make sense for it to be there and in the recording templates. It really is in Recording Rules. See Manage Recordings -> Recording Rules -> Default (Template) -> Press Menu -> Select Storage Options -> At the bottom is "All recordings to expire?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:12 pm 
brfransen wrote:
Doesn't look like the manual was updated for myth .27. I am pretty sure that setting was removed as it wouldn't make sense for it to be there and in the recording templates. It really is in Recording Rules. See Manage Recordings -> Recording Rules -> Default (Template) -> Press Menu -> Select Storage Options -> At the bottom is "All recordings to expire?"

Ahh ! Someone who understands these things ! Thank You !

I'll go hunting again ... :lol:

UPDATE:

I applied this on the two machines (so far) that I have running 8.1.1.

It works ... They are now making new recordings that auto-expire by default.

Follow Brittany's path (above) exactly to get to the correct page with the checkbox that controls this ! :D

EVEN YET STILL FURTHER UPDATE:

I spoke too soon on small evidence ... :oops:

After a couple days of cranking out a bunch of recordings by both machines, they all have the red circle (No auto-delete.) in the Mythweb 'recorded programs' page.

A check of the 'Recording Rules' pages shows the 'allow to expire' box (es) are still checked.

This is a Mythtv rather than LinHes problem, isn't it ?

MORE:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Daily_Use

Expiration of Recordings

You can control most aspects of how recordings are expired in:
0.27: Frontend Setup -> Video -> General -> General (Auto-Expire)

Changed top line to 'expire oldest first.

I'll update on what happens.

EVEN YET MORE STILL FURTHER UPDATE:

Damn ... it's still making the recordings default auto-expire 'off'. [All recordings made by 'OTA' tuners]

.... and recordings made off a subcarrier channel (ie: ch. 13-2) default on .. [different template for those ? ... I didn't make one ??? ]

EVEN WAY STILL MORE ... ... .. FURTHER UPDATE:

After some time making programs, I find both 8.1.1 machines are making the programs with autoexpire off about 2/3 of the time (autoexpire on 1/3 of the time) ...Autoexpire on occurs on random channels so its not related to that. It's not related to a bad installation on one machine 'cuz both are doing it. I'm puzzled.

So I'm looking at the 'recorded programs' page in Mythweb, and the 'autoexpire' looks like a checkerboard, some on some off no rhyme or reason that I can discern.

Went back to Setup --> Video --> General (Autoexpire)

First entry was Autoexpire Method (select) Weighted time/priority combination [Whatever that is ... was default]
Other possible options: Lowest priority first, and oldest show first.

'Weighted time/ priority' was default ... I changed it to 'oldest show first' ... but it didn't seem to take ...
Maybe what I'm seeing is the result of the weighted time/priority algorithm running (regardless of the selection) ?? :?

Actual autoexpire is working fine, keeping 5 - 6 gigs free, erasing the oldest when the programs have been selected for auttoexpire manually (click on the red circle in Mythweb)

Quote:
After some time making programs, I find both 8.1.1 machines are making the programs with autoexpire off about 2/3 of the time (autoexpire on 1/3 of the time) ...Autoexpire on occurs on random channels so its not related to that. It's not related to a bad installation on one machine 'cuz both are doing it. I'm puzzled.

Another week and this still holds. The Mythweb 'recorded programs' auto expire column looks like a checkerboard: some autoexpire on ... most red-circled. On both machines.

I have put 8.1.1 on a third machine, put the above settings on to 'default on', it still defaults 'off' for the first few recordings it's made.

Interestingly, all the recordings made on this machine are defaulted 'off', despite having fiddled the settings above to default them 'on'. :?