View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:28 pm 
Had to jump through a couple of hoops to get this running, more than prior releases.

Shared folders:
The shared folder module didn't seem to be loading or not loading on time so I created /etc/modules-load.d/vboxsf.conf with the following contents:
Quote:
# Load vboxsf at boot
vboxsf

I couldn’t create symlinks in the shared folder - apparently this is by design but can be worked around per this issue https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/10085 (I wanted to store the recordings on the host via a shared folder (this way my VM is very small and can be snapshotted etc)). Note "linhes82" is my VM name, please replace it with yours. Also note "mythtv" is the name of my share, please replace that too.

poweroff VM
Quote:
VBoxManage setextradata linhes82 VBoxInternal2/SharedFoldersEnableSymlinksCreate/mythtv 1

poweron VM

X11:
X11 won't work OOTB even after successfully installing Guest Additions. You need to change the X11 config to use the correct driver. Change the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-automv.conf to the following:
Quote:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
# Driver "vesa"
Driver "vboxvideo"
EndSection

Nothing earth shattering but took me a while to find nonetheless. If I find anything else I'll post it.

Paul