View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: 7.4 install questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 pm 
I have been using r5f27 for a loong time with no problems, then my ancient computer died. So I thought I'd install a newer version on a newer computer.

The 7.4 install went well except for a couple of things. Hopefully they are easy to correct for me.

1) I can't seem to ssh into the machine. It asks for the password and I type it in and it is rejected. Is there some server side setting I need to change?

mythtv@192.168.10.24's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

2) During myth-setup, I can set up my capture card, but when I enter information for SD (I have an account), I don't get a lineup or channels when I retrieve the lineup. I did the /etc/hosts hack as I read elsewhere.

From mythfilldatabase output
I Download DD feed
E failed to get data. download error
E encountered error in grabbing data

3) I have a Motorola DTA adaptor (DTA100/2305). Previously in r5 I had entered a custom table for the DTA remote, and setup the channel change script which worked fine. How do I do that in 7.4?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:54 pm 
Hey Mkaz welcome back
So why did you go with 7.4 instead of the current version of LinHES 8.2? http://www.linhes.org/downloads/Current/LinHES_R8.2.iso
For the SSH problem I remember having a similar problem. This might fix it for you.
brfransen wrote:
For ssh Service Menu --> LinHES Config --> User Accounts

The schedules direct problem should have been fixed when you edited it in the Hosts file.
This most likely doesn't affect you but just in case try it out http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewt ... f=5&t=2626

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:02 pm 
mattbatt wrote:
So why did you go with 7.4 instead of the current version of LinHES 8.2? http://www.linhes.org/downloads/Current/LinHES_R8.2.iso

32 bit processor, 8.2 doesn't support that.

When I tried the user account menu item I got the following message.

"You do not have access to this screen"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:19 am 
Hey Mkaz... I remember the same thing. Go to /etc/ssh/sshd_config and search for PermitRootLogin (I think it is in there in two places) and change it to 'yes'. Restart ssh or reboot...

Jenks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:22 am 
nbdwt73 wrote:
Hey Mkaz... I remember the same thing. Go to /etc/ssh/sshd_config and search for PermitRootLogin (I think it is in there in two places) and change it to 'yes'. Restart ssh or reboot...

Jenks

Both already set to yes. It does ask for the password, it just doesn't accept it...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:02 pm 
I misread your post... hmm. Have you tried either adding a new user and trying that login or resetting the password? I know I have seen this before... lemme check my old notes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:00 pm 
Quote:
I did the /etc/hosts hack

You do not have to do the Host Hack. I am currently running R7.4 when the time came for the switch over - it just worked. I did nothing. The changes may have came down in a an auto update.

TVBox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:50 pm 
mkaz wrote:
I have been using r5f27 for a loong time with no problems, then my ancient computer died. So I thought I'd install a newer version on a newer computer.

The 7.4 install went well except for a couple of things. Hopefully they are easy to correct for me.

2) During myth-setup, I can set up my capture card, but when I enter information for SD (I have an account), I don't get a lineup or channels when I retrieve the lineup. I did the /etc/hosts hack as I read elsewhere.

In myth-setup when I try to connect to SD, after I enter my username and password and select retrieve lineup, no lineup is retrieved.

Should the lineup variable be blank after retrieving channels?