View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:52 am 
Offline
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:14 pm
Posts: 397
Location: Charlotte, NC
New 8.4.1 install, mass metadata function (either automatic after scan or manual 'retrieve all details') isn't working. Manual function ('W' keypress when individual video is highlighted) and television recording metadata is working. Is there something that needs to be done to enable retrieval?

_________________
Backend server - 4.0 TB 3.0ghz dual core 6 gig RAM, nVidia 9400, Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 MB, 2 HD-5500, 2 HD Homerun dual tuners, 3 frontend machines - LinHES 8.5


Last edited by nbdwt73 on Tue May 24, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:47 pm 
Offline
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:12 pm
Posts: 1116
Location: SC
It is working here. Is "Perform metadata update after video scan" enabled in Video Metadata settings? I am not sure what the default Myth setting is but LinHES doesn't change whatever the Myth default is for that one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:10 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:14 pm
Posts: 397
Location: Charlotte, NC
yes it is checked. even when I select it manually ("M" then update) it doesnt work... Nothing in the logs either. Do you know if there is a command line option?

_________________
Backend server - 4.0 TB 3.0ghz dual core 6 gig RAM, nVidia 9400, Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 MB, 2 HD-5500, 2 HD Homerun dual tuners, 3 frontend machines - LinHES 8.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:59 am 
Offline
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:12 pm
Posts: 1116
Location: SC
I think mythutil has a switch for it but don't remember for sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:52 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:14 pm
Posts: 397
Location: Charlotte, NC
For anyone else searching for this issue - what I discovered (actually, I think I remember running into this before...) was that since I store my video files in .ISO form (unencrypted), I should not use storage groups to catalog them. This causes a couple of issues one of which is that metadata doesn't seem to work. As soon as I changed back to using the Mythtv setup to identify the file location and deleted the storage group, everything started working again...

_________________
Backend server - 4.0 TB 3.0ghz dual core 6 gig RAM, nVidia 9400, Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 MB, 2 HD-5500, 2 HD Homerun dual tuners, 3 frontend machines - LinHES 8.5


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 6 hours




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu