Post subject: Missing perl module
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 am 
I have setup zoneminder and in the logs I get the error
Code:
'zmtelemetry.pl' exited abnormally, exit status 9

When you run this at the command line you get an error:
Code:
[root@vmmythtv ~]# zmtelemetry.pl
Can't locate Sys/MemInfo.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl /usr/share/perl5/core_perl .) at /usr/bin/zmtelemetry.pl line 56.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmtelemetry.pl line 56.

Thus it says it is missing a module. I try to install that module as root (you get other dependency if not root) after going through the CPAN configure you get this error:
Code:
[root@vmmythtv ~]# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Sys::MemInfo'
Reading '/root/.cpan/Metadata'
  Database was generated on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 03:41:03 GMT
Warning: Cannot install Sys::MemInfo, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /Sys::MemInfo/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

Can someone suggest how I get this module installed so thus I get rid of the error in my zoneminder log.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Missing perl module
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:41 am 
A new version of Zoneminder with deps for perl-sys-cpu and perl-sys-meminfo are in testing. I don't have a zoneminder install but if you could test I will push to release if they work.

Code:
sudo pacman -U http://linhes.org/repo/x86_64/core-testing/zoneminder-1.30.2.r45.ga43adc2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz http://linhes.org/repo/x86_64/core-testing/perl-sys-cpu-0.61-1-any.pkg.tar.xz http://linhes.org/repo/x86_64/core-testing/perl-sys-meminfo-0.98-1-any.pkg.tar.xz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:50 pm 
That worked great, the only thing I had to run zmupdate.pl manually to upgrade the database.

I found the next one missing is UUID.pm, I found this when trying to use ONVIF to probe for my camera, here is the command:
Code:
[root@vmmythtv ~]# /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl probe
Can't locate Data/UUID.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl /usr/share/perl5/core_perl .) at /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl line 29.

Thanks for your work and happy to help where I can.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:21 pm 
I have not found a definitive list of zoneminders perl dependancies so I will add them as people report them. For the uuid:
Code:
sudo pacman -U http://linhes.org/repo/x86_64/core-testing/perl-data-uuid-1.221-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
If it works I will add it as a dep in the zoneminder package.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:05 pm 
I am late to reply, but I had also encountered this issue. This telemetry module was made to "phone home" so the developers can track installations. If you dig through the menu system, you can disable this (which is what I did). This was a quicker solution for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:08 am 
Thanks bobmyth I will look at turning that off.

brfransen, got that one installed, next dependency:
Code:
[root@vmmythtv ~]# /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl probe
Can't locate Class/Std/Fast.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl /usr/share/perl5/core_perl .) at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/ONVIF/Client.pm line 28.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/ONVIF/Client.pm line 28.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl line 31.

I don't know if this will help, https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/issues/1345 but I am happy to work with you to weed them out as we go.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:04 pm 
I am getting more desperate to get this working, the WAF is up to cabbage, thus I went looking to see if I could find the module(s) I needed.

I found that I already had Fast.pm installed it just wasn't looking in the right place so I ran the follow command and response:
Code:
[root@vmmythtv ~]# perl -I /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl probe
Array found where operator expected at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI/Carp.pm line 502, at end of line
        (Do you need to predeclare Carp::longmess?)
Array found where operator expected at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI/Carp.pm line 503, at end of line
        (Do you need to predeclare Carp::shortmess?)
Array found where operator expected at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI/Carp.pm line 504, at end of line
        (Do you need to predeclare Carp::shortmess?)
Array found where operator expected at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI/Carp.pm line 505, at end of line
        (Do you need to predeclare Carp::longmess?)
syntax error at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI/Carp.pm line 502, near "Carp::longmess @_"
syntax error at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI/Carp.pm line 503, near "Carp::shortmess @_"
syntax error at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI/Carp.pm line 504, near "Carp::shortmess @_"
syntax error at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/CGI/Carp.pm line 505, near "Carp::longmess @_"
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Data/UUID.pm line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Data/UUID.pm line 5.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl line 29.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl line 29.

Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:56 pm 
Updated zoneminder with quite a few more of the deps that were listed in the ticket. They are all in the testing repo so it is easiest to change your /etc/pacman.conf to core-testing and extra-testing and do a pacman -Syy zoneminder.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:13 am 
Once I disabled the standard repos I was able to install the updated version of zoneminder. Happy to report that both the Probe and ONVIF worked except they didn't find my camera, but that is another story as i can't even get to the web interface of the camera at the moment.

I will have some more time to check the status of this in the next few days and I will update this thread.

Thanks brfransen for your help it is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:01 am 
This is now in release so if you want you can change your pacman.conf back.