View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:03 pm 
I use a Harmony 700 emulating a streamzap remote controller for my myth box and it works well based on the default streamzap configuration in both LinHES and Kodi. In older versions of LinHES I created customised files in /etc/lircrc so I can reassign the colour keys to different functions. I have recently been trying to get these customisations update-proof.

For the new system I followed the wiki creating ~/remotes and subdirectories for each remote but found that the remote did not work inside Kodi. I found the problem was that it was also necessary to copy the Lircmap.xml file to the user area. The wiki states
Quote:
The easiest way to avoid losing your modifications is to make your own custom remote template in ~/remotes/YourRemoteName/ and copy in the custom lircrc, lircd.conf, remote picture and remote.run files.]
Note the streamzap does not have a remote.run. I would suggest that the wiki should be reworded to
Quote:
The easiest way to avoid losing your modifications is to make your own custom remote template in ~/remotes/YourRemoteName/ and copy the contents of the template directory /usr/MythVantage/templates/remotes/YourRemoteClass/YourRemoteName.
I don't know if there are any unforeseen consequences of this for other remotes so I will just put it out there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:09 am 
Kodi uses it's own remote configuration file.
Code:
Lircmap.xml   

You need to modify that file to get your remote working in Kodi.

This thread should give you some help.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24165&hilit=+kodi

Last edited by tscholl on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:49 am 
I have edited the the wiki http://linhes.org/projects/linhes/wiki/ ... -Templates:
Quote:
The easiest way to avoid losing your modifications is to make your own custom remote template in ~/remotes/YourRemoteName/ and copy in the custom lircrc, lircd.conf, remote picture, remote.run (if needed), Lircmap.xml and wol-lircrc files. If your remote is close to one of the system templates you can start by copying /usr/MythVantage/templates/remotes/YourRemoteClass/YourRemoteName to ~/remotes/YourRemoteName and modify the files as needed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:25 pm 
brfransen, that edit looks fine, thanks for that.

tscoll, I have never had any trouble with the remote in kodi when using templates, it just worked out of the box. It was only a problem when I tried to create a permanent customisation in the new format (~/remotes/RemoteName) that I ran into problems. The edited wiki now covers my situation.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:47 pm 
You were one of the lucky ones. Glad yours worked.