View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:18 pm 
I've been having this issue that causes all my recording rules to disappear and no shows will record. Restarting the backend will not fix the problem. However, after restarting the whole computer everything is fine. In a couple of days the recording rules will disappear again. I'm using a Hauppauge 2250 dual tuner card. I've tried deleting all the tuners and adding them again. I also changed the configuration so that only one tuner can be used for live tv and only one can be used for the scheduler. I still have the same issue. It seems to be a database related. Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I'm using the latest version of LinHES.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:00 am 
Maybe you have a crashed table in mysql and a reboot fixes the tables.

as of 17-May-2018
R8.2 - sort of working.
MB: gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G | RAM: 2GB
VGA: PNY Nvidia GT240 1GB
4 x Technisat skystar 2 dvb | 1 x TBS6981 dvb-s2
pata: 1x300Gb | sata: 2x1Tb 2x2Tb
Problems:
TBS6981 Does not work.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:02 pm 
Restoring the database from Linhes Tools fixes the problem as well as a reboot. This was a temporary solution.

However, recently I bought another tuner card to be used only for live TV. This has fixed the problem. Now I have the Hauppauge 1600 used only for live TV. My dual-tuner Hauppauge 2250 is only used for the scheduler. I'm guessing there is a bug in Mythtv with the 2250. The fact that both tuners are on the same card and occupy the same PCI-e slot could be causing a conflict that causes the database to crash. Maybe the scheduler tuner and live TV tuner cannot run simultaneously unless they occupy different expansion slots. Perhaps someone can provide more insight.

A few years ago I built a dual-tuner box for someone that used two Hauppauge 1250's. It's been working great with no database issues. Maybe it's because each tuner has it's own PCI-e slot.