View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:15 am 
I installed a Plex client on my myth box. It is an AppImage formatted binary (I just stated everything I know about AppImage) I got from https://knapsu.eu/plex/. It runs but I cannot get the remote to work. So far, I have been using the integrated mouse on the wireless keyboard that is attached to the myth box. How do I get the remote to work? It is not recognized at all. When I exit I see things have happened on my myth frontend screen so I know the remote commands are being directed to myth and not plex. I know that for kodi a --lircdev argument is passed when it starts up (see /usr/LH/bin/kodi.sh). I tried the same on plex but the argument was rejected. Not a surprise. The help screen from the plex client binary does not list any likely candidate for this. I already have a server on my network which is why I want to use a client instead of the LinHES package, which is a server. Anyone know how this is handled on the LinHES package?

sparks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:28 am 
OpenPHT is the packaged Plex client in LinHES. If your remote works with Kodi (and therefore has a Lircmap.xml file) it should work with OpenPHT.