View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:47 am 
I'd like to install LinHES to /dev/sda6 (root), setup swap as /dev/sda7, and my myth partition as/ /dev/sda8 as well as manually manage my /boot which is on /dev/sda3. Does LinHES have a manual partition option for me to use? I didn't see anything...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:28 am 
Gray,

If you are willing to install by calling the underlying scripts, then yes -- kinda.

Check out what I discovered here:

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20410

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 pm 
Thanks for the link. I made a feature request for this ability: http://linhes.org/flyspray/index.php?do ... ask_id=583

For others out there with a spare hdd and the desire to do this I think another pretty easy option would be to install R6 to a scrap drive, then boot into a live linux distro like arch or ubuntu, then simply rsync the / and /myth to the live drive manually adding a grub line to boot into linhes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:07 am 
graysky wrote:
Thanks for the link. I made a feature request for this ability: http://linhes.org/flyspray/index.php?do ... ask_id=583

For others out there with a spare hdd and the desire to do this I think another pretty easy option would be to install R6 to a scrap drive, then boot into a live linux distro like arch or ubuntu, then simply rsync the / and /myth to the live drive manually adding a grub line to boot into linhes.

Hi there - the link others in this thread posted to talks about putting linhes into a VM - is that the only other manual installation option?

I don't really want to zap my HD just yet, I have an existing linux and swap partitions I just want to install linhes to. With R5 it was a fairly straight forward process to squirt the files from the CD to the hard drive and run a few manual processes to get your HD booting into the new environment to continue setting up. Can't we do something similar with R6? Does anyone have instructions? Thanks - M.