View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:59 pm 
When I go to the watch recordings menu I used to be able to hilight an episode then hit the right arrow button to get a context menu that let me delete and stuff. I'm not getting that anymore now when I hit the right arrow key it takes me out of the episode listing to the show listing. How do I fix this? Sorry if this is a redundant question I couldn't figure out any keywords to search.

Thanks to everyone who works on LinHes I love it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:08 am 
.22 changed the default behavior of a lot of things so I am not sure if you can get this behavior back. You might have noticed that in the Video section the 'wrap' feature is gone, so when you move to the right it used to drop to the next row on the left. I miss that. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 am 
mattbatt wrote:
How do I fix this?
You can get the same menu by hitting the "i" key on the console, which is the "Information" key. If you have this mapped to a button on your remote in the lircrc file, then you can use that button on the remote, too.

I don't know why they took that feature away from the right arrow. It was very convenient there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:34 pm 
funny enough I was warning my wife about this problem this morning (hates computers) she looked at me with a blank stare and said " Right arrow? I always use the 'info' button." Then it was my turn to stare blankly "What does the info button do?" so I pushed it and bing I felt stupid. Funny and true story.

I feel that it was slightly more convenient but I can now go on living with the info button.
The other half of this new "functionality" is that the left arrow no loger takes you back to the main menu. ANNOYING!!!

But Hey it's Linux, YOU make it work the way YOU want it too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 am 
uteck wrote:
.22 changed the default behavior of a lot of things so I am not sure if you can get this behavior back. You might have noticed that in the Video section the 'wrap' feature is gone, so when you move to the right it used to drop to the next row on the left. I miss that. :(

+1! Many it's a pain without the 'wrap'!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:02 pm 
I also did the upgrade and am loving it. Easiest instal ive ever done.

But the wifes not to happy with the right arrow not working in the recordings. She asked me to fix it. I shrugged. Nb never shrug at your wife.

Has anyone found a way to change this or is thats the way it is. Ive been using the info button but wife wants arrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:46 am 
.23 is due out soon. It is already in the testing repo for LinHES, but I have not upgrade, so I don't know if they added these things back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:29 am 
The wrap feature depends on the theme. Some themes do it, some don't.

As for the right arrow menu, with the new theming engine allowing horizontal layouts the right arrow was needed for navigation so the menu function was removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:57 pm 
The 0.21 right arrow equivalent in 0.23 is the Menu button / M key. It's an improvement over the 0.22 mapping ((I)nfo key), but I would not expect to see the right arrow return to it's former glory. The mythtv-devs had a lot of blowback on the mailing list re: the right arrow. I think the (M)enu key is a fair compromise since a lot of people already had that mapped to their remotes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:12 am 
I agree I love almost everything in the new build. I've been without my box for awhile and having it back with greater ease of install is wonderful. BUT I cannot find any combination of theme or menu theme that will give me back the wrap feature and it's awful when navigating through TV Seasons. I also don't like the parental level showing on the gallery view (don't use it) or the number of files showing on the gallery images. I much preferred simply the cover art showing cleanly and being able to scroll through entire folders without having to use all 4 arrow keys!