View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:09 pm 
First of all - Thanks for all the hard work everyone on R6, it looks amazing. I am in the process of making the switch from R5F27, with my system that was very similar to the Dragon V1.

Anyhow, I am having two issues which are probably very minor. The first issue is that I cannot get the sound to work. I am the MSI K8 Neo 4-F motherboard (same as Dragon). In R5F27, I successful used a the Chaintec AV-710 card. After reading issues about this card, I decided to remove it and enable onboard sound in the Bios before doing the install.

In the Linhes Configuration>Audio Settings menu, the onboard sound card is recognized as the NVIDIA CK804 with (hw:0,2). I have the type set to digital, and have attempted to test the ALSA Audio Settings (Nothing Happens), and then clicked on Load ASLA driver, finish.

In the Mythtv Configuration>Setup>General, I have tried All possible ALSA Audio Output device options, including - ALSA:hw:0,2, ALSA:default, ALSA:spdif, ALSA:surround51, ALSA:digital, dev/adsp, and dev/sound/adsp.

Nothing is working. Any help or advice would be great. Alternatively, if you know how to get the Chaintec AV-710 to work with R6, that would be just as helpful too. I had the same results when I tried with the AV-710.

The next item is the remote control. I have the one4All URC-6131, which happens to be one of the preset remote options during setup. I have a serial IR reciever, and no blaster. I cannot get the remote to work. Do I need to program the remote with a certain device code? Do I need to modify some lirc file with certain input information? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:12 pm 
For the audio you may want to check these threads out, some useful info for troubleshooting:

Digital audio spdif on AV-710 stopped working with R6
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20940

AC3 & DTS passthru with mplayer in R6
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20748

In trying to get my onboard audio over HDMI working in R6, I discovered that I could do it using OSS but not ALSA. Thanks to a tidbit in one of the above threads, I found I could use ALSA after unmuting all of my digital channels in alsamixer.