View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:02 pm 
My Myth system is almost five years old (upgrade to LinHES) and I'm thinking it is time for me to replace the hardware with some much more energy efficient and performant stuff. HD playback only works if nothing else is going on. Even changing the frontend volume causes hiccups.

I have a lot of shows recorded (861 currently) that I need to keep available in any new setup. Realistically, only about 500 or so are critical to move over (mostly the kids' and wife;s stuff), but I suspect moving all is easier than most.

My plan is to buy a new case, mobo & CPU and reuse my capture cards & firewire card. I supect I would then install the latest stable release of LinHES, do some sort of backup, copy & restore.

What are the steps for basically moving the files & databases from one backend to another? I'm sure it is somewhere in the forums, but my searches were not coming up with steps to follow.

Would you suggest some other approach to getting to up and running with my old shows on the new box?

Thanks,
Jon

Firewire to Comcast cable box
PVR-250
R6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:38 pm 
Say something like this thread? http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22098

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 am 
Something else to think about is storage groups. They allow you to scale out your system and organize the backend data however you want. For example, you could create folders on the drives for your shows and use XBMC frontend to find and manage all the shows. Using it as a library is really awesome..