View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:41 am 
As I understand it, the "arch way" is to have rolling releases. From that I can tell, this means that a "pacman -Syu" will always get me the latest and greatest in the repository. This isn't necessarily what I want in an PVR appliance, nor does it seem to be the way that LinHES is actually released. In my specific case in addition to having a R6.01 backend, I also have a settop frontend running MiniMyth and two Ubuntu 10.04 desktops all of which I have to coordinate for appropriate upgrades so everyone can continue to watch recordings.

The result of all of this (including reports of problems with 6.04), is that I really want to upgrade to 6.03 not 6.04 on the backend. Is this possible with pacman? Is this possible at all? (Perhaps using a 6.03 CD upgrade instead?) In either case, is it better to go through 6.02 first due to database schema upgrade issues or directly to 6.03?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:17 pm 
my suggestion would be to get the install disk ftp://ftp.mysettopbox.tv/R6/ and just install the version you want. Of course make sure you do a mythbackup before you do anything and move the copy of your backed up files to another hard drive not connected to that machine. Your database is your most precious thing.

there appears to be a way to limit your upgrades https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman But I can't find a way to limit your release version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:33 pm 
mattbatt wrote:
my suggestion would be to get the install disk ftp://ftp.mysettopbox.tv/R6/ and just install the version you want. Of course make sure you do a mythbackup before you do anything and move the copy of your backed up files to another hard drive not connected to that machine. Your database is your most precious thing.

I've been wondering the same thing in terms of the jump across versions. I'm on 6.01 and contemplated what would happen if I upgrade to the latest.

Has anyone done a multi-version jump and had it work out ok?

Thankfully, I only have my one FE/BE server to do right at the moment.

-Ben