View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:26 pm 
Hi all! I've been using LinHES on my Asus M2NPV-VM with dual tuner FusionHDTV for years and it's been great with a reasonably high WAF. I upgraded last weekend from 6.0.4 and the remote went wonky. lircd refuses to start. I've tried doing a direct upgrade, a clean install, a clean install and restoring LinHES, and finally decided maybe my dvico receiver went bad so replaced it with a Streamzap. No change, tried reinstalling again, no change. What we see during boot is this:

Code:
:: Starting lirc
./run: line 145: /sbin/splash-functions-*.sh: syntax error: operand expected (error token is "/sbin/splash-functions-*.sh")

The error is repeated half a dozen times and finally we see

Code:
timeout: finish: lircd: (pid 4343) 7s, want down
> lircd is not able to start, disabling it

I have always installed LinHES/Knoppmyth with splash disabled since the motherboard has an nVidia chipset. I have no idea if that is the sort of splash this error refers to.

After extensive use of Google Fu, I thought maybe there was a dev problem and found only /dev/lirc0 existed. I tried creating a symlink /dev/lirc but nothing changed. I've used mode2 to confirm the streamzap receiver does in fact see signals coming in on /dev/lirc0. I am able to start lircd manually from a shell but irw sees nothing then either.

Can somebody with more brains (or experience, or both, whichever is fine) point me in some troubleshooting direction I might have missed? While we can still use the system via keyboard, my WAF is dropping like a stone. :cry:

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:25 pm 
Well, I've got the same problem with no working remote after a R7.1 upgrade. It seems there's so much to learn about the new kernel and LIRC that I'm not sure what question to even ask. I've done so much reading from the Myth Users email list from earlier this year and everything else I can find but I haven't got a good handle on it yet. The best thing I've found so far is this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104541

I'd really like if the Linhes dev guys could explain what was done with LIRC in 7.1 because I'm confused as to why lirc_i2c is what seems to be active (in /etc/modules.mythvantage) when everything I read (from Jarod mainly) seems to state that it was replaced with ir-kbd-i2c for these newer kernel versions. Loading ir-kbd-i2c gets LIRC to not complain about missing /sys/class/rc/rc* and ir-keytable to show IR devices but I haven't gotten far enough to get my remote to work (still reading that document above).

Hopefully we'll get some answers/tips on how this should be working now.

FE: iMac 27"
HDHomeRun Prime