View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:01 pm 
Using a HDHomeRun Prime/LH 7.1 thus the channel info was initially pulled down from DataDirect.

When I first set this up I wasn't certain what channels I even had with Comcast, but now I know. So there's a bunch I'd like to remove and I'd like to add HBO (which they added for 6 months for free due to a billing error). So I figured I'd check on and off channels on schedules direct as appropriate and then run mythfilldatabase to update the channel info. I have tried various combinations like those below but none seem to have any effect on my channels.

Quote:
mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --do-not-filter-new-channels
mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --only-update-channels
mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates
mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --do-not-filter-new-channels --only-update-channels

So then I thought I'd try and do some debugging and when I run this:

Quote:
mythfilldatabase --do-channel-updates --do-not-filter-new-channels --only-update-channels -v database |grep 721

I see a bunch of msgs relating to channel 721 even tho it is definitely unchecked/deselected on SD. Example:

Quote:
2012-01-22 17:50:14.801 MSqlQuery::exec(DataDirectCon) UPDATE channel SET callsign = 'CSNCD', name = 'Comcast Sportsnet California HD', channum = '721', freqid = '721', atsc_major_chan = '721', atsc_minor_chan = '0' WHERE xmltvid = '45540' AND sourceid = '1'

So why is there an update running on this channel when it should be a delete? (This is just an example, I see other inserts relating to this channel when all I want to see is are deletes).

Last edited by poflynn on Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 pm 
how about the obvious question have you rebooted the computer or restarted the backend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:33 am 
Paul, two things:

1. You probably already did this, but just in case, did you use these mythtv wiki instructions for configuring the for the HDHomerun PRIME tuner?

2. The easiest way I've found to force an update of the channels based on what is in schedulesdirect.org is to go into mythtv-setup (ALT-s from your frontend), go to input connections and push the "Fetch channels from listing source" button.

The views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:40 pm 
I should have mentioned that I did reboot.

marc.aronson wrote:
1. You probably already did this, but just in case, did you use these mythtv wiki instructions for configuring the for the HDHomerun PRIME tuner?

Yes, this is how I initially set it up, but I didn't pay precise attention to the channels in SD, I figuerd I could clean that up later, once I figured out which channels I had.

marc.aronson wrote:
2. The easiest way I've found to force an update of the channels based on what is in schedulesdirect.org is to go into mythtv-setup (ALT-s from your frontend), go to input connections and push the "Fetch channels from listing source" button.

This does not work. I have no idea why not, no msgs on the FE or the logs etc. Whatever the reason, I'm assuming it is the same as the reason for not hitting the 'fetch' button on the real input connections in the instructions you link to above. Note that you only hit this button on the fake i/p connections.

I tried dropping & re-creating i/p connections etc etc to no avail. In the end, I wiped all tuners etc out and started again from scratch using those instructions and it worked fine. All my recording rules seem to be preserved as well. So now I'm good but the net is, AFAICT, there is no automated way to add or remove channels once the HDHRP is set up; everything needs to be done manually.

Also, no one reminded me that adding HBO was a waste of time anyway as it is set to 'copy-once' by Comcast and thus in unusable in Myth :-( I forgot that minor detail until I got HBO added.

Thx all, marking this one as solved.