View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:33 am 
Two major system questions that are completely unrelated
1) I seem to recall on install that there was an opportunity to change the desktop windowing system to something like gnome instead of fluxbox. Can you do that post install?
2) I set up my mythbox as a standalone unit. In the LinHES setup menu there isn't a way to allow frontends to connect to the standalone box as a the master backend. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:44 am 
Site Admin
1) http://linhes.org/projects/linhes/wiki/ ... w_Managers. Gnome/KDE are not in the repository
2) While I could rant about this I will simply state the fix. Change the local and master backend ip from 127.0.0.1/localhost to the ip of the system.
additionally you might have to comment skip-networking in my.conf. The other way to change these settings is with the hostype service menu, but I'm not 100% sure it worked correctly in the later R7 series as I had to fix it for R8.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:17 am 
thanks Sorry that I made you want to rant. I've already assigned the LAN IPs in MythTV instead of 127.0.0.1 but I can't seem to get anything else working. I'll keep poking at it till I break it then I'll get mad at myself for not leaving well enough alone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:05 am 
Site Admin
Did you also adjust the my.cnf to allow outside connections to mysql?

btw the rant is about why myth forces you to make such a decision, not that you encountered it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:38 pm 
No I fell asleep on the couch trying to figure out why changing the IP to a LAN IP caused a delay communicating with the backend that would sometimes cause the frontend to say that there were no recordings or that there were no upcoming recordings. I will edit that now. BTW I was trying to make the change in System type/Hostype in the System Menu and that was what I couldn't figure out if there was choice.
Thanks for your help.