View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:11 pm 
Hello All,

My Linhes 8.0 box that I have been running for the past couple of weeks just woke up to record something
at 3:00 and has the green text "Waiting for Connection to Mythbacked" continually coming up on the screen.

Neither The frontend nor Mythwelcome will start automatically even though the backend is actually running and recording.

I forced the frontend to run with alt-m and at first I couldn't see my recordings, because the frontend didn't connect to the backend. I changed the IP address to 127.0.0.1 in the general settings (alt-s) and the frontend would connect and see my recordings and I can view them and livetv as well.

I changed the IP to 127.0.0.1 because I've noticed in the past that using a static IP would cause the frontend not to start. Using 127.0.0.1 in Setup/General and DHCP in the Linhes/Settings seems to work the best. Today it's not behaving the way it used to.

The frontend and backend are now working OK together as far as I can tell if I force the frontend to run (alt-m) after a reboot but the big green text "Waiting for Connection to Mythbackend" won't go away.

Obviously there is something still amiss, but I'm not sure where to start.

Any ideas on how to fix this? At least make the green text stop popping up every few seconds.

Thanks,
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:26 pm 
Check out

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23786

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:06 pm 
I got it figured out.

I had to reboot the router that Mythtv gets its DHCP from yesterday. When Myth booted, the router handed out a different IP than Myth was expecting (192.168.0.11). Any other IP causes the "Waiting for Connection to Mythbackend" text to keep appearing on the screen.

I went into Service Menu/ Linhes configuration / Network and changed the IP to 192.168.0.11 and everything is working as intended again. I've since gone into my router and reserved that IP for the Mythbox.

But, looking through the myth_mtc.log I've discovered another problem. A mysqldump 1040 error. And Mythweb is telling me
* Maintenance script didn't run.

excerpt from myth_mtc.log:
"Starting backup
mysql 5.5.28-2
mysqldump: Got error: 1049: Unknown database 'ncid' when selecting the database
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
tar: /home/vncsvc: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors"

Thanks again for the help.
Paul