View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Author Message
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:01 pm 
Offline
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:36 pm
Posts: 192
My new hard drive is formatted and I uploaded the back-up I made from the previous hard drive. However, after the upload the file that I uploaded did not show-up in the drop down box.

Instead, I logged in via ssh and ran the following:
Code:
lh_system_restore_job backup.2013-11-29_16-42.tgz
Full restore
---------------------------------

    Stopping mythbackend

Restoring database  2013-11-29_16-42
Restore of mythconverg complete

all appeared to be going well until:
Code:
    Configuring database connection
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/MythVantage/bin/systemconfig.py", line 411, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/MythVantage/bin/systemconfig.py", line 245, in main
    mv_hostype.hostypeprint(systemconfig)
  File "/usr/MythVantage/bin/mv_hostype.py", line 365, in hostypeprint
    setup_mysql_connection(systemconfig)
  File "/usr/MythVantage/bin/mv_hostype.py", line 108, in setup_mysql_connection
    cmd = '''sed -e "s/^DBHostName=.*$/DBHostName="localhost"/" %s > %s ''' %(mysqltemplate, mysqltxt)
NameError: global name 'mysqltemplate' is not defined
Restore complete


Any cause for concern?

[edit]
I rebooted and mythtv-setup keeps coming up so I assume some portion of the restore failed. I did go into the database and see my recordings are listed there so some portion did succeed. Help.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:34 am 
Offline
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:14 pm
Posts: 392
Location: Charlotte, NC
I had a similar problem... Saved my backup to a Windows machine, uploaded via browser (tried both IE and Chrome), said the upload was successful but the file would not show up in the drop down. I finally got it to restore by copying the backup file to the new R8 system with SSH (or WinSCP) and used the MythBrowser to restore... Worked that way.

I actually reinstalled 4 times (don't ask why - I was trying to install other things on the box and kept screwing up the system) and had to use the MythBrowser method every time. I tried every combination of upload ans reboot I could think of - none worked properly from the Windows machine...

Try restoring again...

_________________
Backend server - 3.75 TB 3.0ghz dual core 6 gig RAM, nVidia 9400, Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 MB, 2 HD-5500, 2 HD Homerun dual tuners, 3 frontend machines - LinHES 8.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:54 am 
Offline
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:06 pm
Posts: 678
Another idea would be to copy the backup to a usb stick and then do the restore thru the webapage. Last time I installed R8 I'm pretty sure I needed to install Samba....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:53 am 
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:14 am
Posts: 1245
Location: Orlando FL
I had this same problem installing 8.1.1
I eventually got the web interface to work after I did a couple of things.
I backed up the database twice didn't see either one on the site.
I SSH'd into my backend and tried to locate the backup folder but since it is a fresh install the database had not be established for locate yet so
Code:
sudo updatedb

I found all my backups and my uploaded file then I checked the web page and I had options.
I am pretty sure it's the mlocate database that is the problem.

_________________
My System


Top
 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 6 hours




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Theme Created By ceyhansuyu