View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:51 pm 
I have LinHes R8 installed on my htpc with an Nvidia video card. I can't for the life of me find out why I can't get live video. I have an Ceton Infintv 4 PCIe with a Fios cablecard. This htpc works with live tv when I have windows media center installed (separate HD has WMC). When I go to install Linux, the live tv just doesn't work.

I will add that I have tried Mytbuntu, LinHES, and Unbuntu with an install of Mythtv, and the result is the same when tuning to any channel: Black screen with no video/no sound, Signal 100% | (TL__) Partial lock. Happens on all installs. I thought maybe it was a driver I installed was the issue so that is what led me to LinHES since the drivers are installed automatically.

I can't even get video via the mplayer test.

In my ceton cablecard status logs via the website, I see that I'm sending a ca_pmt and I receive a response that a ca_pmt has been received.

If anyone can help me shed some light on this, that would be very much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:39 pm 
what are the model\speed of your video card, processor, ram, yadda yadda?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:11 pm 
I know a little about tuner locking from my HD Homerun Tuner. This seems to me like a development issue.

Take a look at this

http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2014-January/358451.html

Also this

http://www.bsmdevelopment.com/Reference ... -1.15.html

It's going to need some work to make it more polished for sure

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:47 pm 
Sounds like the same issue I ran into with HDHomeRun Prime. It only works on windows media center because it's the only option you have to decrypt encrypted channels.

Look here.

• BOTTOM LINE - Windows Media Center – IS THE ONLY- application that can unscramble encrypted cable channels with a Ceton cable card.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:23 pm 
tscholl wrote:
Look here.

• BOTTOM LINE - Windows Media Center – IS THE ONLY- application that can unscramble encrypted cable channels with a Ceton cable card.

This is correct, encrypted cable channels currently can only be decrypted by the PlayReady DRM implemented within WMC in conjunction with a CableCard. However, the OP mentioned Fios which, to my knowledge, only encrypts premium movie channels (HBO, Showtime, etc.). This may have changed recently.

To the OP, what market are you in, and have you opened a ticket with Ceton? I've read similar signal issues from some folks on TGB, if I remember correctly getting the Fios CableCard paired correctly cleared it up.

I've not attempted to get my Inf4USB working with my MythTV setup as my market (Brighthouse in Metro Detroit) encrypts everything except the OTA networks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:46 pm 
That's so odd to me since in an interview the guys from Ceton said that from the beginning their card was made for Linux. Damn cable companies ruin everything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:33 am 
mattbatt wrote:
That's so odd to me since in an interview the guys from Ceton said that from the beginning their card was made for Linux.

I don't understand what you're saying here. Ceton's equipment does work in Linux, but depending on your cable provider you may not be able to utilize it (or will be severely limited). Encrypted channels can only be decrypted with a CableLabs-approved DRM scheme, and no software other than Windows Media Center (well, TiVOs do, but nothing you can put on your PC) currently provides such a scheme. See the last post here for a pretty good summary.

mattbatt wrote:
Damn cable companies ruin everything.

Yup, but the whole entertainment industry (movies, TV, music, etc.) was the driving force behind DRM. Start by damning them...