View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:55 pm 
I need to restore my R8.3 Database to R8.4. The only thing I could find is lh_system_restore_job which did the opposite of what I thought it was going do; attempted to restore everything but the database.

The LH SQL backup that have is in /data/storage/disk0/backup/mythtv_backups/mythconverge-abcd-fulldate.sql.gz

I see myth has a mythconverg_restore.pl script as an optional download, but I am not sure if that will works with the above backup.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 am 
lh_system_restore_job only works with system_backups that are stored by default in /data/storage/disk0/backup/system_backups. The system_backups are the backups that are created by lh_system_backup_job which is automated to run daily with myth_mtc. lh_system_restore_job will only restore the DB and /etc/systemconfig and not any other system files.

The files in mythtv_backups are backups done by the myth backup scripts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:18 pm 
best bet would be to install a virgin 8.3 restore and then upgrade. IMHO this is best accomplished in a virtual machine on any computer. Then you can backup after the successful upgrade and dump it on the real mythTV computer.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:00 am 
Even after moving the files to disk0 the restore kept bypassing the database restore. I think that was due to the extra disk n's that I had for the raid which left myth and system backup out of sync between the folders on disk1.

I was able to restore the database by downloading the mythconverg_restore.ps cript at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

Code:
mythconverg_restore.pl --drop_database --create_database --filename mythconverg-1214-20080626150513.sql.gz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:54 am 
thekingofspain wrote:
Even after moving the files to disk0 the restore kept bypassing the database restore. I think that was due to the extra disk n's that I had for the raid which left myth and system backup out of sync between the folders on disk1.
That is because that file is not a system backup but rather a myth backup. Just moving a myth backup to system backup does not make it a format that the lh_system scripts can handle.