View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:18 am 
Not sure if I've done something incorrect when doing a fresh install of 8.4.1. With master backend setup and 3 tuners.
I followed the install guide and set the passwords etc. When exiting the MythTV setup for the first time it came up with the message:
"Path /data/storage/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326/media/photos doesn't exist" and others like it.
"Do you want to go back and fix these problems"
How do I fix these problems? Why are they there?

Also the date and time is wrong in the menu system and so is the EPG. The time is correct in the Bios and the the correct time zone has been set in the install.
If I select "Watch live TV" in the menu it just puts up on the screen for half a second "Please wait" but it does not go into live tv.

I can manually record TV and playback the recorded video and I can also see the EPG. I can also use Mythweb.

One thing I noticed on my current system (running 7.4) when looking at the Backend status:
Disk Usage Details:

MythTV Drive #1:
Directory: mythbox:/myth/tv
Total Space: 464,517 MB
Space Used: 101,958 MB
Space Free: 362,558 MB

Where as on my newly installed 8.4.1 computer it has the HDD model in the path?

Disk Usage Details:

MythTV Drive #1:
Directories: mythtvhp:/data/storage/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326/media/streaming, mythtvhp:/data/storage/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326/media/tv, mythtvhp:/data/storage/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326/media/tv/live
Total Space: 463,472 MB
Space Used: 631 MB
Space Free: 462,841 MB

With all the things not working on the system is it due to storage directories? eg. the time and date being wrong as well?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:46 am 
I have made some head way with this.

Using the same hardware I have reinstalled LinHES 8.4.1 I used the no splash option in case I saw some errors.

This time the time zone was automatically selected for my area I didn't have to do it myself like last time and once installed the date and time were correct.

It still came up with 2 errors: Path /data/storage/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326/media/photos doesn't exist
Path /data/storage/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326/media/music doesn't exist
when exiting the setup for the first time and everytime after that.

Also live TV did not work like last time but I got it to work by removing all Capture cards and input sources. For some reason there was one demo file already there? not sure what for?
Once I removed it and added my 3 tuners I could then watch Live TV. Although I could not get sound it came up with an error saying no such file or directory. That does not worry me too much as I wont be using the front end on this machine.

Are this issues I'm have an install bug? With my brief time running R8 it is so good, I like all the improvements that have been made I appreciate all the hard work that has been done.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:06 am 
I don't know how installing without the splash should have affected the timezone issue you saw. Odd. What video card are you using?

This was a clean install correct? Did you do a restore from backup at any point? How many HDs are in the box? The errors about media/photos and media/music indicate that those directories didn't get created on install. If this was an upgrade photos missing could be possible as that is new with myth .28 but since the entry is in the db it should have been created on the disk as well. What is in the file /etc/storage.d/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326.conf? If all else looks well you can just manually create them or use
Code:
sudo add_storage.py --reconstruct_sg

A clean install puts a demo tuner and source in the db as the backend won't start without a tuner and source connected to the tuner. My guess is that Live TV was selecting the demo tuner and that is why it was failing for you. As you found deleting it (or just disabling) the demo tuner fixed it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:24 pm 
I think the video card I'm using is this one:
ZOTAC GeForce GT 730 1GB DDR3

Maybe it was a fluke that the date and time worked with the no splash option.

I am doing a fresh install with one 500GB HDD. Not using any backups. I have created the missing directories so the errors do not come up now.

Thanks for the info on the tuner did not know that it need one for the backend to start. Yes I would say Live TV was trying to lauch the demo for live TV.

Thank for you help so far.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:37 am 
I am still wondering why those dirs would not have been created on install. What is in the file /etc/storage.d/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326.conf?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:49 pm 
I just saw something similar from my three installs, before applying the saved backups. It seems that some of the default directories are pointed to "/data/storage/disk0..." but two are pointed to "/data/storage/KINGblahblahblah..." (the long name of the drive share instead of the symbolic link disk0).

Maybe the script is looking at the wrong thing when the directories are created in storage.py? Just guessing here as I haven't even looked at the python code.

I did not explore further as we were using a backed-up configuration and it did not matter to us.

-- Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:54 am 
brfransen wrote:
I am still wondering why those dirs would not have been created on install. What is in the file /etc/storage.d/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326.conf?

[storage]
uuid = c2415d1c-1348-40d0-8d4d-4b90f2950e1e
mountpoint = /data/storage/WDCWD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY6720326
fstype = xfs
shareable = True
mmount = True
storage_groups = True
disk_num = 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:49 pm 
Liv2Cod wrote:
I just saw something similar from my three installs, before applying the saved backups. It seems that some of the default directories are pointed to "/data/storage/disk0..." but two are pointed to "/data/storage/KINGblahblahblah..." (the long name of the drive share instead of the symbolic link disk0).

The only SG default that should have disk0 is a DBBackup. The rest should have the disk names.

I was able to track down the issue of the missing photos and musicart and have fixed it. For others that may run into the issue it can be fixed with
Code:
sudo add_storage.py --reconstruct_sg