View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Intel video support?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:50 pm 
I know this is not a good way to get help......

BUT

Do any of you Devs OWN an intel computer and have you tried to install linhes on it? (yes, oh congrats) now try the onboard video!

I have 3 generations of intel computers all with onboard video, 2 of which are ITX form factor BOARDS AND CASES (IE they are really SMALL) and with out any expansion slots. (kinda pointless for a front end only computer to be as big as the TV it's running)

INTEL DGF45FC, socket 775 (g45 chipset, X4500HD video)
ASUS H81T/CSM socket 1150 (H81 chipset, Intel® HD Graphics on CPU)
GIGABYTE GA-H77-DS3H socket 1155 (h77 chipset, 3th gen i3 with Intel® HD Graphics on CPU)
ASUS P8Z77-V LX Socket 1155 (z77 chipset, i7, 3rd gen with Intel® HD Graphics 4000)

The i7 and the i3 will only complete the install of 8.4.1 with a NVidia video card. they won't even finish booting with out one.

I can run windows, Ubuntu, Debian, and OpenELEC (a whopping ~170 MB installer) out of the box..... on all of them, hell I have even gotten OSX running on the i7,

it's been a hacking battle ever since 8.1 to get LINHES installed. I'm finally done, I have ran out of time that I am willing to waist. and ive been fighting the loosing battle over a year before my first thread .....

http://forums.linhes.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24244

Don't worry about new features, get the basics working.

Remember this......
Quote:
The goal of this project is to make creating and maintaining a Home Theater PC as simple as possible.
A blank system can be transformed to a fully functional HTPC in around 20 minutes.

IT'S FROM THE HOME PAGE if you don't remember.

Post subject: Re: Intel video support?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:49 pm 
Not ideal but you could run another version of linux with the correct version of MythTV installed it should work. You could also try KODI you can watch shows but not delete or manage recordings. It's not ideal but KODI works on as little as a reality pi.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:49 pm 
Thanks for the reply... was actually surprised there was a response.... because I know I came off as a whiny kid that who's favorite toy is broken......

I have ran other distributions on this micro box computer... and all of them work as expected. I however have yet to install mythtv on one and get it configured, Im not a great Linux user I have successfully configered and installed Gentoo in the past, repaired/compiled wireless drivers (beta drivers for other versions of linux), i have even contributed to the linhes project when they did not yet support the Iguana IR devices, by gathering and building packages that worked with what ever flavor linhes was at the time... But I no longer have the time to research... debug, and repair like I used to, I work 9 hrs a day at a local computer repair shop fixing other peoples computers.... I don't want to come home and have to do it all over again

I am running Kodi from the OpenELEC distribution and as you have mentioned not a real FIX but at least it installs and runs "out of the box" using the Intel video with no hacking.

I just point it to the NAS that has replaced my LINHES server/clients. and have been stress free since.
the interface is not a polished as linhes/mythtv but it works. which is the only requirement I need filled at this time.

I will keep checking back time to time to see if there is any progress into the intel video troubles......

thanks and have a great day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:20 am 
From the FWIW Department.
While dealing with my own video card problems, I came across this while reading https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU.
Code:
Warning: Do not install the vdpau beta driver unless you intend to use an NVidia-based video cards exclusively thereafter. Merely installing the nvidia driver breaks digital playback on Intel (and probably any other) video/graphics cards. The nvidia installer *replaces* standard header files (/usr/include/glext.h, glext.h,glxext.h and glx.h) and library files (/usr/lib/libGLcore.so, libGL,so, libGLU.so and libGL.la), with nvidia specific versions which breaks OpenGL playback on other graphic cards. (The 180 series drivers do appear to be usable with non-vdpau capable nvidia GPUs (6200 etc.))

Could this be the problem? I don't use Intel video but thought I'd mention it. I would imagine that it would apply to final drivers as well the beta mentioned.

s