View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:53 pm 
My LinHES boot SSD drive just died. I only use this drive to install the LinHES image on and then use symbolic links to point to my raid drives that contain all mythtv data. Will the out of the box LinHes installer allow an installation to USB Flash drive and would this be a viable long term option? Assumption is this boot would be faster than a 7200 hard drive but slower the typical SSD.

I wound probably turn down the the swap partition usage since the system has 8GB of ram that goes mostly idle by the system.

In the mean time I am trying to install new temporary LinHes image on any old hard drive that I have laying around until the computer box stores open up in the morning.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:32 am 
thekingofspain wrote:
My LinHES boot SSD drive just died. I only use this drive to install the LinHES image on and then use symbolic links to point to my raid drives that contain all mythtv data. Will the out of the box LinHes installer allow an installation to USB Flash drive and would this be a viable long term option? Assumption is this boot would be faster than a 7200 hard drive but slower the typical SSD.

I wound probably turn down the the swap partition usage since the system has 8GB of ram that goes mostly idle by the system.

In the mean time I am trying to install new temporary LinHes image on any old hard drive that I have laying around until the computer box stores open up in the morning.

Are you still in same situation?