View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:32 pm 
My old mythbuntu box was giving me trouble, so I decided to update to LinHES. I downloaded v8, installed it, and have almost everything working...

(machine is a Dell Precision workstation with 12GB Ram, 4 hard drives. The 1st drive contains the installs, the other 3 are mounted in /myth/<directory> and I used groups to add them to the video section. I have 2 tuners, Hauppauge wintv-hvr2250 and hvr-1600)

1. the movies won't completely update. Some of them download the plot, but none of them download the artwork or the director or cast. If I want this information, I have to manually put it in.

2. I cannot watch live tv. Not too much of a problem, as I can just start recording the channel I want to watch, and then immediately play it.. Just annoying.

All in all, I do like LinHES, but I would like to solve these issues. (especially the 1st one!)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:31 am 
Welcome to LinHES.

I have never had much success with the movie database or the TV database. I did manually locate and update a few movies for my kids using a web browser, but it was a pain!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:51 pm 
Did this work in mythbuntu? I am curious if it is a myth limitation or LinHES. If you post an example of a title you are having an issue with, I can try it from command line to see if it provides any useful feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:09 pm 
i would suggest checking the logs located in /var/log to see if there are any interesting errors related to the movie data grabber, or live tv viewing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:37 pm 
I think I have figured it out.. Under service menu, mythtv settings, setup, media settings, video settings,
there is a section called general settings. It holds the paths that the mythtv frontend stores the artwork and stuff. It was empty..

Attached is a pic of what I put in, and it seems to work. (I just noticed a typo on the screenshots entry and fixed it, but did not take another pic).

Attachments
mythtv.jpg
mythtv.jpg [ 100.33 KiB | Viewed 12346 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:40 pm 
Now if I could just get it to play livetv :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:16 pm 
OK so the LiveTV one.... Is it not working at all? Double check the spelling the storage group directory in "mythtv-setup"
Service Menu>LinHES Tools>Mythtv-Setup>7.storage Directories>'LiveTV' Storage Group Directories

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:30 pm 
It looks correct... The first was added by the system (my first 2tb drive) the second I added (mounted 4tb drive)
The mounts are there, and the paths are correct.

What happens when I try to watch live tv, is the screen goes black for about 1/2 second then goes back to the menu.

Attachments
mythtv-livetv.jpg
mythtv-livetv.jpg [ 41.08 KiB | Viewed 12309 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 pm 
Found it.. The mounted folders had root as the owner. Had to change the owner and group to mythtv (chown mythtv:mythtv * -R)

and then it worked...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:09 am 
there is one part of the OP that i don't fully understand... "the other 3 are mounted in /myth/<directory> and I used groups to add them to the video section"

can you please expound on "groups". are you using "storage groups" or are you referring to the unix "groups" command?

i am using 'storage groups'. when i looked at my settings, all fields are blank, save for the setting on what to do when a dvd is inserted. it has been my understanding that the settings screen shown is legacy, pre-storage groups settings.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:13 am 
storage groups....