View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:33 pm 
I took the plunge and did a completely fresh install of R6 on my old Knoppmyth system.
I immediately ran into problems with the wireless keyboard sending 'runaway' key presses into LINHES.
The keyboard works fine on a different machine, and when accessing BIOS screens before LinHES is loaded, and worked flawlessly on an R5F27 Knoppmyth box.
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what might be a possible solution to this, since R6 is pretty much useless unless I can resolve this issue.
There is no remote control installed, and the problem seems to be sporadic at the initial menu screens, and then seems to get progressively worse as subsequent menu options are selected.
Watching in Live TV mode, the system goes crazy from spurious input, when no keys are pressed, and will not respond to keys when they are pressed.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Although I was totally comfortable trouble shooting my Knoppmyth boxes, I am totally out of my element trying to trouble shoot R6, since none of my extensive notes seem to be any help with the different command structures in Arch Linux vs. Knoppix/Debian type commands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:05 pm 
You should post the make/model of the keyboard. Is it it IR/RF/bluetooth? Are the batteries good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:22 pm 
I've seen something like this too even with R5.5, and strongly suspect some kind of interrupt contention issue (something sharing the KBD interrupt and causing it to loose events). Basically PC keyboards send a press event and a release event for every key, if the release events get lost you get runaway repeats. Haven't had time to track it down on my system yet, but am hoping to this weekend.