View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: R6.* usb wifi
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:45 am 
I have a micro pc I built setup as a frontend only, im using a usb wireless N (eub-9703) adapter to connect to the master backend. Everytime I boot the system, to get the wireless to work I have to ALT-x to terminal and then start the network manualy as well as many restarts of the dhcpcd for the interface, then run mount -a to mount the NFS.

The chipset for the usb device is a RT3070. I have managed to debug, make, and install the very buggy driver from RAlink. I've gotten this to work through every revision of R6. but Im just so bugged that I have to sit there and run the commands manualy.

I also have a USB wireless G that LINHES works with from a fresh install, exept for the mounting of the NFS file system on boot, but it is too slow at the distance that the Frontend is away from the master and router/access point to be usable for HD playback.

What package is used to install and configure the wireless in the network settings menus? where are the files located so that I can add the non supported Wireless device?

Thanks.
Dave