View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 pm 
Has anyone had any success with this keyboard? $60 on Ebay

If it does not work out of the box, I am thinking about using a USB to PS2 connector (usually a green adapter that comes with Microsoft USB mouse). Has anyone had success with these USB to PS2 adapters?

Last edited by gatorback on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 pm 
WOW that is by far the cheapest I have seen that remote.... oh wait just saw the shipping $30 to ship!!!!!
I believe that it should work right out of the box. The keyboard profile for USB is pretty standard.

It's cheaper here
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35909
Deal extreme is a company in Hong Kong and their products take weeks to get here. but they are a respectable company with great deals on mass produced crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 pm 
I think cesman has one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:54 am 
Site Admin
I have two actually, Works w/o issue. Only lacking feature is a backlight for those late night...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:09 pm 
These look nice are they just a Keyboard and Mouse or are they used as a remote as well?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:59 pm 
I was pleased receive the diminuative keyboard and two installation notes:

* usb dongle is in the battery compartment
* be sure to get the battery orientation correct (follow instructions)

The latter hosed me over until I rechecked the battery voltage and orientation.

During testing, the keys and Lenovo trackpad worked as expected with Firefox. Before installing the new device, I had a MS Mouse with scroll wheel. In the LinHES menus an MS mouse scrollwheel can be used to select menu items: it would have been nice if one of the mouse buttons would act as 'enter'. But I digress: the trackball does not allow users to select and execute LinHES menu items. The MS mouse did not provide this functionality, so it would not be reasonable to expect the Lenovo trackpad behave differently.

I am not sure if a Change Request to enable trackpad \ mouse to select and enter LinHES menu items is a configuration task that I should learn to perform or is something that the LinHES ninjas would have to program.

The top row of keys (volume up, down, mute, video play, stop, FF, RW,) did not seem to work during video playback or during live TV. Again, I am unsure if this a user configuration task for me to tackle or a programmer for the LinHES team. Maybe Cesman can comment on this topic.

REVIEW
=====
I was hoping to retire the streamzap, with a more sophisticated and capable remote. The streamzap lacks a QUERTY keyboard, so the Lenovo is good for surfing the net and configuring the box. However, a PS2 or USB keyboard does not require batteries (Lenovo has an on\off switch, so I guess one needs to turn it when not in use).