View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: 6.03 broke my LinHES?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:00 am 
How can I roll back a recent upgrade I tried doing a restore to before the update but that didn't work.
I think the latest upgrade broke my hauppauge pvr 150 and my pinnacle PCTV HD. I can't get the pvr-150 to tune any channels I can set it up but when I watch tv it's not an option of an input. The pinnacle I can't select it's audio input anymore /dev/dsp1/ it goes from dsp to dsp0 then to ac3 and some other weired audio options that haven't been there before. I noticed that OSS now works with my onboard audio and that digital audio works now, But that doesn't really matter if I can't record anything.
Where do I go I've tried re-seating the cards booting without the cards then with. Nothing is working and I'm tired.
Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:20 pm 
Site Admin
What release did you upgrade from?

Post subject: EDITED
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:15 pm 
it was 6.02 i upgraded with the gui in the service menu
I have reinstalled 6.02 from a virgin cd and upgraded to 6.03 using the upgrade_linhes.sh command.
I found an issue I set up my tuners and then set up mythtv (ive re-installed 3 times in the last 2 days I have the button presses memorized) the first thing I did was select Live TV it gave me technicolor snow switched to the other analog input more snow. Switch to the HD input and it works. I scheduled a recording and it recorded fine and the tuners worked fine after.
I'm just glad I have a working MythTV unfortunately in my haste to get it working again and the sleep deprivation from work I wiped my install most of my recordings AND my database backup. I have a backup from 4 months ago so I'm not completely up the creek but DAMIT.

Don't troubleshoot tired kids no good comes from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:30 pm 
Found one of the original issues. It seems there is a conflict between the OSS drivers and my Pinnacle PCTV HD (pci) . If I load the OSS digital drivers then the Pinnacle looses it's assigned audio input. When you set up the PCTV you assign it's audio input to /dev/dsp1/ since it's the second audio device in my HTPC after the built in audio card. So apparently when you change the audio settings in the LinHES audio settings sub menu, you have to reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
When the OSS drivers are loaded /de/dsp1 isn't an option dsp and dsp0 don't work nor do any of the other "new" audio inputs that get listed in the card setup menu.

Cecil thank you for reading and commenting on my post, but it's not 6.03s fault. The only thing that 6.03 brought to the party was that OSS finally works with my sound card and outputs digital audio. Unfortunately it does that at the cost of one of my tuners.
I still don't know what happened to my pvr 150 and why it started acting up.