View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:07 pm 
Wow, what a difference a few months make. Yesterday I decided to download and install the latest Flash Player myself - 10.2.152.27. It really has improved dramatically, at least for me. I tested it on two of my older AGP / Athlon 2400 based front-ends. Both have Nvidia FX5xxx series cards, so they use Xvmc, not VDPAU for my normal playback. I'm still trying to find that PCI 8400GS I bought last year, but it's hiding real good...

I also have a couple newer frontends with PCIe graphics adapters (GeForce 8400GS) and they perform beautifully, but they did with the old flash as well. It's the less powerful old Athlons that have shown remarkable improvement rendering with the latest flash. Now, I'm running them at a fairly low resolution using SVideo, but this flash is smooth and stable, although the huludesktop menus are still pretty sluggish at times.

tjc, I can't compare my results to yours, you have a better TV and I don't have any old AGP cards connected at that resolution. I'll find that PCI 8400GS soon and see how that performs on an old system in high resolution - yeah - soon. :)

cesman - we all agree, you ARE the man! Thanks for all you do for this community!

Semper Fi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:32 am 
I tried upgrading my flashplugin this morning with the "sudo pacman" command and all looked well. But when I go to huludesktop it reports that I have Flash Player 10.0.32.18 but this version is 10.0.15.3.

Firefox (www.mozila.com/en-US/plugincheck/) reports 10.0r32

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:30 am 
Upgraded mine today! Almost missed this.

Code:
If you have an NVIDIA card that supports libvdpau or Broadcom Crystal HD chips,
 >> uncomment EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1 from /etc/adobe/mms.cfg.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:52 am 
I strongly recommend doing a manual upgrade to the latest browser and flash versions. The older flashplayers have known vulnerabilities with active exploits in the wild. These are not academic risks, they're very real ones, and keeping your browser and plugin versions up to date is well worth the small effort required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:09 am 
What is the proper way to upgrade firefox and flash at this point. I download firefox 4.0 and changed the firefox file in /usr/bin/ to point to the new version. Firefox works fine but flash still reports 10.0r15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:07 pm 
I generally just drop the new .so over the old one. If you want to get fancy you can probably use the old package as a starting point and update it.

Go to page Previous  1, 2