View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:40 am 
There is a sale on the Lenovo keyboard that makes it $25 shipped http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/cont ... u_area=yes
I have some Christmas money to spend. I start reading reviews and people keep pointing to this other keyboard mouse combo the "Rii mini keyboard" I can find it for $40 on DealExtreme http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.35354 or in bluetooth form for $60 here http://usb.brando.com/rii-mini-bluetoot ... 36d15.html
The Rii seems to be backlit and have F1-F8 keys, the arrow keys seem easier to use, and it's smaller.
The Lenovo is made by a company I've heard of, your right thumb doesn't have to stretch further than your left, and it's cheaper.

Does anyone have an opinion either way? I need a way to surf the web. My IR keyboard/mouse combo will intermittently key keystuck and sometimes will crash mythtv while I'm mousing so, I want to replace it.
The only thing I use the function keys for is switching between desktops and refreshing Firefox.

The sale on the Lenovo website ends on Jan 3rd so Jan 2nd is my deadline.

Thanks for any insight you guys might have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:22 am 
I registered just to post this:

I have the N5901, picked it up over Christmas myself

Using mythbuntu 10.04, all the keys work out of the box except for the rewind, stop, play/pause, forward. The volume works great and the orange button defaults opening your home folder. I've tried to remap the media keys to proper function within mplayer but no dice. They work perfectly within rhythmbox for music... hmmmm

Build quality solid, battery life seems good and the dongle is nice. Trackball works well considering it's small size but if you really roll it FAST, the device loses track of the ball and the cursor vibrates in place. But not a deal breaker.

I wouldn't use the N5901 for intense typing but as an occasional keyboard it's fantastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:25 am 
I bought the Lenovo the price won me over. The rii is probably a better keyboard but it costs almost twice as much.