View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: carl9170 in LinHES 7.2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:29 am 
Hey guys!

Since a few days I got my update from 6.04 to 7.2 done and it works like a charm!

The only problem I have is to get rid of my old WLAN-Ethernet-Bridge and use my Fritz! USB WLAN N Stick. In general, this works, but in detaill, there are some problems.

I can connect the stick to the machine, driver module carl9170 is loaded, firmware gets loaded, I can configure WLAN in mythfrontend settings menu and the stick goes online. Now the problem - in a reboot, the module gets loaded, but the firmware is not found (found in dmesg-messages)! The firmware is definately ther in /lib/firmware and can be loaded if I unplug the stick again and repeat the steps from above => :?:

First, I thaught the problem would be that the module ar9170usb gets loaded, too. But this also happens during the first initialisation from above. By the way - following

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_Setup#carl9170

I tried to blacklist the module ar9170usb and arusb_lnx in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf, but those settings were completely ignored - why?

Any thaughts on that?

Regards, Jan