View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
 Post subject: Re: Nova-HD-S2 Issues
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:34 am 
I linked to the ubuntu page as they were describing similar problems and getting later firmware versions seems to resolve it. If I read it right. :?

I seemed to ommited the link to the linuxtv page in my previous post too, so here it is: LinuxTVWiki which describes the different versions of the card. Mine seems to be the 'correct one'. The LinuxTV page seems to suggsest that in some instances there are issues.

Quote:
The revision that is correctly recognized has the id [14f1:8800].

On some cards it seems, that the firmware is not recognized. If you access the card, you get the error:

cx24116_cmd_execute() Firmware not responding
I am not clear if this is not that is the card ideified as 0800 or the 8800 card or both.

I assumed that the problem is just the firmware....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:57 am 
Ok, so no one has responded recently, another related question: How of you out there has a Nova-HD-S2 card working? Anyone?

I'd be greatful to hear about any success or failure stories to see if it's just me.

Thanks

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:47 am 
Right, after months of inactivity on my part, I have dcided to try and get this nova-HD-S2 card going again. I'm not sure if I should add this here or start another thread.

ah well, perhaps I'll do both...

So, i put together a test machine which is almost identical to my producion box.
I put in the Nova-HD-S2 card and ran a few tests.

lvpci sees the card correctly, which is good, however when I try to scan for channels the scan appears to fail almost immidiately - I cartinly do not get the scan bar, I just get a popup saying "failed to find channels".

After trying to be a bit smarter about whats going on and a little googling later, i checked the kernal log and I get some intersting information:

Code:
cx24116_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload (dvb-fe-cx24116.fw)
cx24116_firmware_ondemand: Waiting for firmware upload (2) ...
cx24116_firmware_ondemand: No formware uploaded (timeout or file not found?)
cx24116_cmd_execute(): Unable to initialise the firmware

I then updated the dvb-firmware package

Code:
sudo pacman -Sy dvb-firmware

but no change. I rebooted to make sure, and tried to scan for channels again. Same issue. Checked the kernal log once more, and I'm seeing the same errors.

Can anyone point me in the right direction what to do next?

I guess I could download a copy of the cx24116 firmware and put it in the appropriate place? Though I need to work out where the approprite place is!

Thanks

Go to page Previous  1, 2