View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:04 pm 
About two weeks ago my HDHR's stopped working-two of the originals, and an HDPrime. They were working great, and now, nothing. I updated to the latest firmware, and still nothing.

I have been using Knoppmyth/LinHES since 2005. Currently was using LinHES 8 "trip the bits". I also tried LinHES 7.4 and Mythbuntu 12.04.2, but they will not work with those either.

When I try them in Windows using HDHomerun QuickTV, they tune and show just fine.

I am stumped. I am sure that I am getting all the configurations in mythtv setup correct, but they just will not work.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! I am at my wits end...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:16 pm 
maybe your router? have you rebooted your router?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:01 pm 
Thank you, but that had no effect. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:55 pm 
did you try Ubuntu on your windows machine? it seems unlikely that three pieces of hardware from two generations would simultaneously go bad only on your LinHES box. I`m thinking that there must be some kind of network error going on. Maybe a bad NIC on your LinHES box? If that doesnt work maybe you need to start with the basics just the LinHES and one of the HDHRs hooked up to the network, delete all the tuners and jst add the one.
good luck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 am 
I tried installing on a couple of other machines I have, and also used a spare NIC on the main one in question.

I have added/deleted tuners from every HDHR device, but none of the tuners work when I press "Watch TV", or to do a recording.

As I mentioned in my first post, they work through HDHomerun QuickTV in Windows, and they also work for the same app in Mythbuntu. Not sure what the heck is going on....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:54 pm 
I misunderstood I thought you said it didn't work with mythbuntu on that machine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:04 pm 
Is one of your computers WiFi and the other wired? Did you add anything to your household lately? Have you run speed test on both computers? Have you run http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/ to see if there are any issues with your network? Is someone stealing your WiFi? Who was the 15th president of the United States ? ;)
I'm probably not being helpful but that'd everything I can think of. It's odd that the components seem to work but not together.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:29 am 
I have HD Homerun Dual and it works on R8. Can you run myth-setup on R8.

Select Captures Cards.
Then go to Capture card setup.

Can you fill in this info?

Card Type: HDHomeRun DTV tuner box
Device ID:
Description:
Ipaddress:
Tuner:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:07 pm 
Thank you, Racerx. I meant to post back that I finally figured out what the issue was. I believe it was a DRm issue, for, unbeknownst to me, my cable company had shut off the signal. Even though I was getting video, the "digital handshake" was absent, so MythTV was not seeing it. I appreciate your post though!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:21 pm 
??????????????? really? that makes sense for the HDHR prime but the standard ones too?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 pm 
Good point. I have yet to get the standard one to work. I have one installed, but have not put any further effort into it yet.