View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:00 pm 
I have LH 8.3 Installed
When I have the LinHES Setup -> Display set to "Nvidia Auto Select" or "Auto" and plug in a 720 native TV the TV set itself to (1360x768) resolution. The bios boot information is readable and when Linhes takes over the boot information is readable.

Now if I plug in a 1080 native TV the TV sets itself to (1360x768) resolution. The bios boot information is readable and when Linhes takes over the on screen boot information is unreadable. After Linhes take over it appears to send a 1080 signal to the TV while the TV still is in the (1360x768) resolution and display stretched apart lettering.

Problem 1: LinHes boot information unreadable on the 1080 TV

In a experiment I changed the LinHES Setup -> Display set to "1080"
This is where disaster struck

Now when booting using ether the 1080 or 720 set the the TV set itself to (1360x768) resolution. The bios boot information is readable. When Linhes takes over the boot the boot information is unreadable and locks up very early in LinHES. This lockup corrupts the hard drive and the only way i have found to repair it is to use Parted Magic Disk and run fsck /dev/sda1 -f on partitions 1,5,6,7

If fsck complains something about journal being 0 or not found then I have to unplug the drive and boot into the bios and save it then reattach the drive and boot into the bios check to see if the drive is there and save then run Parted Magic / fsck

Problem 2 (which is the biggest right now) How do I change back to "Nvidia Auto Select"

I know if I can get to a command line i can use "mythinstall -s advancedX" so is there a way to boot off a LinHES disk and run that command.
I solved #2 problem by booting up the LinHES disk and choosing "Boot Existing OS"
The system did boot into a operating LinHES so I could change the video settings but complained that all the partitions on the drive where corrupt and fsck need to be run.
Inserted Parted Magic Disk and run fsck /dev/sda1 -f on partitions 1,5,6,7
The hard disk was completely clean before I booted with the LinHES disk so some corruption happened when it was booted of the disk.

So Now I am back to problem #1

Thanks
TVBox