View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:59 am 
My old systems motherboard failed earlier this year. I found a replacement motherboard and did a vanilla install of 6.01.

I am using a PVR250 on Comcast. They are transitioning our system to all digital so I wanted to reconnect the serial irblaster I used on the previous system to control a DISH box and set it up to control the new Comcast box.

I upgraded to 6.03 yesterday and everything is working fine except video playback.

I just copy the files I want to play into \myth\video and watch. I copied a new file there last night and noticed it wasn't listed in the "watch video" list. I noticed that the previous "video manager" that would scan the \video directory and populate the list when you loaded it is either gone or moved to someplace where I can't find it.

I then tried to play videos listed that previously played and only a few played. The ones that wouldn't play wouldn't do anything at all after I clicked "play" . I could escape out with the remote.

Any suggestions on where to look appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:15 am 
Go to MythVideo. You should see all you videos. Press the 'M'enu button. See "Scan for changes"?. Scan.

When the source is open, the possibilities are endless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:40 pm 
Nice touching adding the menu. I got used to having to go to the video manager to have it scan for changes.

Also doing a rescan fixed the issue I was seeing where it wouldn't play videos that previously played.

Thanks for your help.