View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:34 pm 
I have a Hauppauge DCR2650 so this should apply to a HDHomerun Prime since the two are pretty much the same.

I spent many hours across a few days trying to get my DCR2650 working with LinHES 7.4. The problem I had was that the unit wasn't being recognized by Myth. Drove me nutz. Finally, for no particular reason, I decided to go through the LinHES portion of the configuration section again to see if there was something I missed. I was staring at the screen until I finally had the thought that maybe the Networking section had something for me. I opened it up and saw my eth0 definition. Then I decided to add a eth1 and rebooted. What do you know? It worked. I now had a cablecard dual HD tuner recognized by Myth. I thought I would post this to try and save someone else the time and trauma. I had it already working in mythbuntu. I did not have to do anything but plug it in to get it recognized. I guess that's why I spent so much time on this. What else was I supposed to do? I don't even know how I figured this out. I just did. I just was thinking about how the unit worked, networking over usb. Sort of like a PDA in a sync cradle. Never dreamed I would have to explicitly define a network device for this unit. I kept thinking the device driver should be doing that. But I noticed that though the device showed up when I did a lsusb it never showed up in a ifconfig. Did a lot with Google on the internet machine but never saw anything about this. Found nothing searching the LinHES forum.

I thought this could go equally well under Installation, Hardware, or Usage categories but, FWIW, here it is under Hints & Tips.

s