View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:35 pm 
I just found out that there is an undelete command in MythTV!!!! I've been using MythTV for 9 years now and I had no idea you could recover a deleted show.
If you delete a show manually or as part of a job it add the recording to the top of the auto expire list. This is very useful if, hypothetically, you accidentally click delete on the episode of Grimm before your wife gets a chance to watch it.
Go to:
Main Menu
Information Center
System Status
AutoExpire list

If it hasn't actually been deleted yet select the show hit enter and one of the options that will pop up will be to undelete

Information is a little sparse about when files are actually deleted or how long it will sit there. I know that some episodes I deleted yesterday weren't available to undelete and that my hard drives have 500 GB before they are full. So hurry to undelete in other words.

This is the best source of info I found. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1391615

I don't know how the "delete files slowly" option in mythsetup effects this.
There is another setting called "AutoExpire instead of Delete" and this will also effect undelete too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:40 am 
Matt
If I remember correctly you could undelete in LinHES 7.00 but I don't know about 6.00.

In LinHES 8.3
Service Menu > MythTV Settings > Setup > Video > General > General (Auto-Expire)

Time to retain deleted recordings:
Default 0 >>> Delete happens in 5 to 20 minutes
-1 >>> Recordings will be retained until space is required
+ Number >>> Number in days that the recordings are retained.

I know it has saved my butt from being chewed a couple of times.
Also if I hypothetically deleted Grimm there would be hell to pay.

TVBox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:00 am 
Thanks TVBox I was going to look for that setting last night while I was writing the How-to but my FE/BE machine was recording I thought it was under MythSetup. I think x number of days is a great setting and has been severely underutilized by me so far.

So does that mean this is a frontend setting that would need to be changed on all frontends? I currently only have one but It's a good to know type thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:11 pm 
This has been around since I started using MythTV which was in version 0.19 and some R5 version of Knoppmyth.

Also you can restore recordings from Watch Recordings by opening the menu and changing the Group Filter to Deleted. Then select the recording, press menu and at the bottom you can Undelete or Delete Forever. Undelete moves it back to the recording group it was in.

mattbatt wrote:
So does that mean this is a frontend setting that would need to be changed on all frontends?
No, it is per backend. If you change it on one frontend and check on another frontend you will see the change you made from the other frontend.