View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 pm 
My myth box (combined fronend / backend) has suddenly slowed to a crawl. I've made no changes for weeks.

I have 2GB of memory and 2GB of swap. Memory usage is at 100% and swap usage is at over 1.2GB. Previously I've never seen the swap used. Top shows mtd memory usage at ~80%. The system has slowed to a crawl and it almost unusable. This is less than 5 minutes after full powercycle!!!

Does anyone have any ideas what could be eating up all my memory or any suggestions as to where to start troubleshooting. I have literally changed nothing on this box as it has been running flawlessly. I'm still on 6.01 if it makes a difference.

Hard drive light is basically on constantly due to the swapping.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Martian

Vizio 37" LCD HDTV (1080p)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:05 pm 
Looks like a DVD rip somehow got queued up and my son had left a DVD in the drive. Strange that it triggered after a restart but that has to be what happened.

Anyone know how to "un-queue" a DVD rip???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:57 pm 
can you pkill the mtd? or transcode? I've seen something similar and I always seem to have to eject and reboot. couldn't kill the process. At times I also wonder about the memory leak...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:02 pm 
Too Many Secrets wrote:
can you pkill the mtd? or transcode? I've seen something similar and I always seem to have to eject and reboot. couldn't kill the process. At times I also wonder about the memory leak...

That's exactly what I had to do, except when I put the disc back in it starts up again! I can't figure out where it's queued up at and kill it!!!

As of right now I'm try to just let it finish but with the memory leak I'm not sure it ever will...

Martian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 am 
Check the DB tables. I forget the name, maybe "jobs"? Anyway there's one there for the task queue. I've had to delete transcode jobs on corrupted files from there in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:49 pm 
tjc wrote:
Check the DB tables. I forget the name, maybe "jobs"? Anyway there's one there for the task queue. I've had to delete transcode jobs on corrupted files from there in the past.

That was a good suggestion. I looked all thought the SQL tables but didn't find anything.

It appear to have either finished or I managed to kill it some other way.

Martian