View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 am 
I have just got my nfs share streaming to my linhes R6 box but I have struck a problem playing avi files. If I stop at any point and restart later the playback position is not saved which is very frustrating,

I know there is a setting to play back from the previous position (which is checked), but that does not work over nfs - ar least for me. I am using the internal player as the first option in the setup. [Edit - I was using mplayer].

I have seen that there is a script on the internet called mplayer-resume but I do not know if that will work with R6.

Can anyone hep with a solution?

Last edited by Ozdemon on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:26 am 
mplayer-resume is part of LinHES (called mplayer-resumer.pl) and works fine for me, but I am using mplayer-resumer-vdpau.pl so I get hardware accelerated playback. (Or is that pretty much baked into mplayer now days?)
I know bookmarking and resuming was working for me when started in one room and bookmarked it and stopped and moved to another room. But it's been awhile since I did that.
Since you are using the internal player, are you setting a bookmark before you stop? If I just stop a video using mplayer then it will resume were left off whether I want it to or not, but I have to set a bookmark with the internal player.

Post subject: Bookmark problems
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:24 pm 
Well this is strange. I thought I was using the internal player. I wasn't. I was using a default config of mplayer-wrapper.pl So I changed to mplayer-resumer.pl (located at /usr/LH/bin/myplayer-resumer.pl).

No success on resume play even after a reboot.

So I changed the default player to Internal. Hey presto! Last position automatically saved. I am now given a choice of starting from the bookmark or from the start. The downside is the internal player does not handle HD video so well. :roll: (I must check if there a vdpau setting for the internal player)

Why the resumer script does not work is a mystery to me.

Thanks very much for your reply uteck.