View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:19 am 
I have been struggling with getting MythVideo to work for my remote frontend. I have followed the instructions here- http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythVideo , but have not had any luck. I'm sure it is something simple, but it is eluding me.

I have put a "beatdown" on Google researching it, but have not find a solution. I am hoping someone here may have some insight. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:01 pm 
It is really, really simple with the latest version of LinHES (MythTV).

If you add your videos directory to the appropriate Storage Group and set up the other groups as required it will work bueatifully. I had to do this just last week myself as I had to replace one of my frontends.

Previously I had mount the shares via NFS, but I couldn't remember the fstab entry. I added the Storage Group entries when into my MBE/FE and did a Scan For Changes and then when I loaded up my frontend, all the videos were there.

Good luck and any questions please let us know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:09 am 
Thanks for replying Girkers. I do have the directories listed in the Storage Groups on the MBE. The MBE/FE seems to access and play the videos just fine, but the remote frontend does not. It sees them, but will not play them. I have the setting under MythTV setup->>>media settings set to /myth/video. As I said in my original post, I'm sure it is something simple, but it is just eluding me. :oops: :cry:

Post subject: I think this will fix it
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:26 am 
Hi There

I ran into the issue that I think you are having. See if this is your issue.

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... highlight=

The problem was only on my frontends (the backend worked fine). It was the player.

Asus M2NPV-VM - 1GB RAM - 40 GB Hard Disk - StreamZap
Frontend_2
Dragon 1.0 w/ 2G RAM - 40 GB Hard Disk StreamZap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:56 am 
Thanks for replying falinskip. I had skimmed over that, not thinking it pertained because I had left everything as default. Maybe, for some reason, it changed to an external player? When I get home from work I'll give it a whirl. It would sure be nice to have it working so we don't have to chase dvd's and tapes for our girls. I'll post back if this fixes the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:09 am 
Voila! c'est magnifique! I knew it was something simple- and so it was. I wonder how that got changed from the the internal player? Oh well, it's working now... 8)

Thanks for the help!