View unanswered posts    View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Print view Previous topic   Next topic  
Search for:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:22 am 
Hey guys! Here is a thread that I'm going to detail my journey into using Linhes as my primary entertainment system. A few details - I don't have Cable TV at the moment so I primarily use every other feature but TV recording. I also use it to control an x10 lighting system. I dont have any kids or wife and I've been using mythtv (knoppmyth -> linhes only) for quite a while. Knowledge is power and maybe this will help others or spark ideas!

Here is my setup:

Rocking a Samsung HD 46" TV and I built my box around aOrigen AE S21Tenclosure. I have a Gigabyte ep45 ud3lr motherboard that I am not in love with, an intel core 2 1.6 Ghz chip and 4GB of 1066 memory (lost a chip!) and four SATA drives (1TB main drive, Hitachi 1TB, WDC 715GB, and Samsung 1.5TB - and a 2TB on standby to condense these drives a bit - One WDC is green the other blue). Nvidia GT card connects the TV and enclosure LCD via HDMI and DVI respectively.

I've got a Logitech DiNovo Bluetooth keyboard. My box was at the office during a rough production with lots of exploding things so its currently filthy with dust and hitting 98 degrees and shutting off - ill have to strip it down and fix that. The S21T comes with a touchscreen LCD screen that has a motor that lets it drop down to reveal a DVD player and media card reader.

I currently dont have a Disc player in because i lost some parts and the enclosure wont close because of the power supply connectors. The S21T comes with a MCEUSB remote, which works well. I also rock Logitech Wireless Wingman Joysticks for games

I cracked the screen when the box dropped from explosives going off. The motor doesnt work now either. More work!

Okay - time to install Linhes 7.1 and bring it into 2012!